No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko is Out Indefinitely With Labrum Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
    I’ve been wondering for a while now why people hate Loma soo much? This is a serious question. I just see a very talented guy, once in a generation type talent, he isn’t protected, given his time in the pro ranks he goes after titles and has an exciting style (which is rare nowadays) and he seems a pretty straight forward guy out of the ring. Is it because of his country of origin or being white or something? I’m perplexed
    I think he's an excellent fighter, but I find it irritating that he's being talked about as one of the best of, or even the best, of all time, which I don't think he is. Personally I think he has holes in his defence and can be hurt, as Linares showed. When people say he is better than Mayweather, that annoys me, because to me, he looks a lot easier to beat. That's my personal explanation as to why I find him and his hardcore fans irritating. He's a top fighter, but all that stuff Arum was saying about him, that was going overboard to me.

Comment

I've had this type problem along with rotator cuff issues for years. But I'm old, so it isn't like I need to completely heal for a fall fight. Loma does need a speedy recovery. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Sometimes these issues can be tough to heal up from. He will have to follow therapy instructions to the letter, for the best chance in proper healing. Hope it turns out well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        He should just hop into some saltwater and pray
        It's way past time that you come up with a different little snipe... This ones a bit played out, in't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Body breaking down after only 12 fights.
          Well he has been fighting at national, international highly competitive level since he was an early teen...

So he's got plenty of miles on his body.

Comment

Loma is the best fighter since pac n floyd a decade ago and skill wise could be the best since pernel or lenard 30 years ago its early days to compare to greats like them but if he beats tank mikey garcier then moves up to beat thurman spence all maybe top ten p4p fighters be hard not to put him into that category

Comment

See, THAT'S how you act like a man, no complaints about tears or pain after the fight, no excuses, he fought on and still got the KO. Tough kid.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                I think he's an excellent fighter, but I find it irritating that he's being talked about as one of the best of, or even the best, of all time, which I don't think he is. Personally I think he has holes in his defence and can be hurt, as Linares showed. When people say he is better than Mayweather, that annoys me, because to me, he looks a lot easier to beat. That's my personal explanation as to why I find him and his hardcore fans irritating. He's a top fighter, but all that stuff Arum was saying about him, that was going overboard to me.
                doesn't matter if he looks easier to beat to you(of course that would be the case) what matters is what he is doing. he's not taking it easy and cherry picking slow and old fighters like floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  See, THAT'S how you act like a man, no complaints about tears or pain after the fight, no excuses, he fought on and still got the KO. Tough kid.
                  completely different thing. if loma had lost to linares this injury would be front page news and they would bring it up nonstop as the reason they lost and that would be a pretty legit reason as well, but floyd fans still couldn't get over that pac landed most of hte clean punches and floyd could barely land anything solid on pac even with a busted shoulder. it was floyd's super fight(lame i know) and it was a dud so they blame it on the injured guy and not the guy who was scared to engage the injured guy. pure fandom head spinning logic

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    Shoulder popping in/out is a very bad injury. If true, he's got torn ligaments and even bluechip orthopedic sports medicine surgeons will tell you that surgery to fix torn ligaments produces more pain more often than not than what you came in with. Pretty much a career ending injury.

Klimas is telling a fib here. If his shoulder came out of the socket, he would have taken a 10 count --- actually more like an 800 count while screaming bloody murder. Also, if his shoulder has a history of coming out of the socket, he would NEVER EVER EVER pull his arms out of the clinch like he did against Rigondeaux and other fighters. Out of socket will bring the biggest of men to their knee's.

For the labrum tear which is a SLAP tear, the surgeon will tell him 8 weeks recovery, but it's really 16 weeks to be pain free and safe. This is all very surgeon dependant and not all surgeons are cut from the same cloth.

SLAP tears are from overuse and by his work ethic, that's probably the case. I highly doubt his shoulder is coming out of the socket. I think people often identify with the words popping out of the socket as pop culture in cinema (Mel Gibson did it a ton in the Lethal Weapon series) has made its it very household.

Also, the headline says indefinitely and the body of text doen't say that at all. Y'all need to fix these dang headlines!
                    I so hope that you are right.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko

Vitali QUIT-ko would not have continued fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X