Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what year will gervonty davis finally step up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    Adrien Broner Mk2. Little fat guy with no dedication. Still time for him to prove me wrong and dedicate himself fully, but I doubt it happens.
    Yeah, that’s what I see. Broner was protected as hell until he lost since then he’s fed as an opponent and the heel. I suspect it will be the same with Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Meh. He won a belt, lost it and was gifted one back by the shady WBA in the same division.

He’s never been ranked #1 in a division and his competition is widely considered to be amongst the worst of current champions.
      lets not forget that machado is the real wba champ as he is the super champ. davis is really only a one time belt holder.

Comment

he's only 24, I think his progress is just fine.

Comment

In 2017 he will step up and face Pedraza.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            you can't dominate where two judges had two identical scores, giving Pedraza 3 rounds. domination is 1 round at best. Pedraza should've been KO'd by the 11th.

Pedraza took a lot of damage from Davis. Somehow Davis isn't credited for that.
            He is credited. Pedraza also fought a smarter fight vs. Loma perhaps learning from mistakes which can happen in boxing. Loma came off a major surgery and visibly only used one arm for the majority and yes he dominated. Pedraza shared the ring with both and said Lomachenko is by far the better fighter. That’s good insight from a man who’d know.

Devon Alexander shut out Maidana and then Maidana almost beat Floyd. Would Devon have beaten Floyd?

Comment

Yall are haters.

Loma is fightin' smaller guys, yet when davis does its a problem?

let the man be

I'll be throwing a pizza party with big dunn for the ruiz fight, to celebrate this mans acomplishments

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
                lets not forget that machado is the real wba champ as he is the super champ. davis is really only a one time belt holder.
                Yeah, Davis is a paper champ currently. Machado legit won the belt off Corrales who was more credentialed than Pedraza too.

Davis was a belt holder not a champ. He’s never earned a #1 rating in any division.

Comment

Didn't Tank already beat the **** out of Lomachenko's last opponent

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    He is credited. Pedraza also fought a smarter fight vs. Loma perhaps learning from mistakes which can happen in boxing. Loma came off a major surgery and visibly only used one arm for the majority and yes he dominated. Pedraza shared the ring with both and said Lomachenko is by far the better fighter. That’s good insight from a man who’d know.

Devon Alexander shut out Maidana and then Maidana almost beat Floyd. Would Devon have beaten Floyd?
                    This is an erroneous comparison to begin with. Loma and Davis both fought the same guy. Devon didn't fight Floyd. In order for Maidana to "almost beat" Floyd he would've needed one judge to give Chino the fight. Even if Pernick gave 115-113 to Maidana, it's still a Majority Decision for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      This is an erroneous comparison to begin with. Loma and Davis both fought the same guy. Devon didn't fight Floyd. In order for Maidana to "almost beat" Floyd he would've needed one judge to give Chino the fight. Even if Pernick gave 115-113 to Maidana, it's still a Majority Decision for Floyd.
                      So, Marquez didn’t almost beat Pacquaio in fight III? Or Kovalev in a universal robbery vs. Ward? Trinidad-De La Hoya? De La Hoya-Whitaker? All fights were the majority felt the loser won yet didn’t get one vote.

Loma didn’t fight Davis since Davis ducked him and won’t fight him so isn’t the Pedraza comparison just as erroneous?

Comment

Working...
                      X