Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could 2019 be a get back year for Erickson Lubin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could 2019 be a get back year for Erickson Lubin?

I still rate this kid, he’s a talented fighter but moved on to fast and got caught cold against Charlo.

I think he’ll have a good 2019, starting with a W over Ishe Smith and hopefully he can get a title shot against Tony Harrison which is a winnable fight for Lubin IMO

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I still rate this kid, he’s a talented fighter but moved on to fast and got caught cold against Charlo.

I think he’ll have a good 2019, starting with a W over Ishe Smith and hopefully he can get a title shot against Tony Harrison which is a winnable fight for Lubin IMO
    Could be a big 2019. Definitely a big talent but the chin is the main question as well as his defense.

Harrison will rematch with Charlo next and the winner against the winner of Hurd/JRock later in the year is more likely than Lubin getting a title shot this year.

I'd like to see him fight someone like Vanes after Smith. Another fight against a wily vet who makes it tough on opponents. Then put him against any of the top 154 pounders. Or even someone like Trout later in 2019? More than anything he needs tough rounds against those that will make him think and test him.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Could be a big 2019. Definitely a big talent but the chin is the main question as well as his defense.

Harrison will rematch with Charlo next and the winner against the winner of Hurd/JRock later in the year is more likely than Lubin getting a title shot this year.

I'd like to see him fight someone like Vanes after Smith. Another fight against a wily vet who makes it tough on opponents. Then put him against any of the top 154 pounders. Or even someone like Trout later in 2019? More than anything he needs tough rounds against those that will make him think and test him.
      Vanes would be a good test. I like that matchup...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Vanes would be a good test. I like that matchup...
        Only problem is that man is with Don King and no idea if that fight is possible or not.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Only problem is that man is with Don King and no idea if that fight is possible or not.
          Doubt it would happen myself, Vanes was very outspoken in criticising PBC, I’d imagine he’s burnt his bridges with PBC.

There are multiple options within the PBC model though.
          Trout would be a stern test and a nice style matchup.
          Gallimore would be good opponent to test Lubin’s punch resistance.

Comment

After Smith, Lubin should go for one of Terrel Gausha/Charles Hatley/Justin DeLoach/Galimore.
            Than if he gets past that Austin Trout.

Comment

Lubin is my second favorite fighter. Hope all works out for him.

Comment

One loss dont mean sht. He can bounce back fine

Comment

Lubin vs Mungia - make it happen! We will see which one is a flash in the pan and which one is real!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    After Smith, Lubin should go for one of Terrel Gausha/Charles Hatley/Justin DeLoach/Galimore.
                    Than if he gets past that Austin Trout.
                    Yeah man......

Comment

Working...
                    X