Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Matchroom have signed the best Mexican prospect

Anyone able to shine some light?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarbosaBo...1228398593?p=v

Top Mexican prospect who's highly sought after by TR? Sh^t idk.

Idk who TR is shopping for first off, but if you know that thats the biggest clue obviously. And there's always a lot of Mexican prospects so thats pretty f#cking vague. Could be anyone Mexican with a pretty enough record & some hype right now. William Zepeda on up to a Jaime Munguia (who seems more prospect then title holder to me still honestly) or all the way down to some handful of fights guy like Lindolfo Delgado.

Whoever it is its a move in the right direction cuz Mexican fans are the backbone of US boxing. He needs more & bigger name Latino fighters on his roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Idk who TR is shopping for first off, but if you know that thats the biggest clue obviously. And there's always a lot of Mexican prospects so thats pretty f#cking vague. Could be anyone Mexican with a pretty enough record & some hype right now. William Zepeda on up to a Jaime Munguia (who seems more prospect then title holder to me still honestly) or all the way down to some handful of fights guy like Lindolfo Delgado.

Whoever it is its a move in the right direction cuz Mexican fans are the backbone of US boxing. He needs more & bigger name Latino fighters on his roster.
      This was who I guessed in the other thread, but that's just a shot in the dark

Comment

LOL, yeah, pretty broad range. He says in the comments it isnt Eduardo Hernandez. Then goes on to say whoever it is is the best Mexican prospect in his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          LOL, yeah, pretty broad range. He says in the comments it isnt Eduardo Hernandez. Then goes on to say whoever it is is the best Mexican prospect in his opinion.
          Hmmm. Is it confirmed he's a pro already? No chance its an amateur who's be a prospect out of the gate? Cuz TR is good at picking up quality guys as amateurs.

And also is it a legit Mexican or a Mexican-American. Thats the other thing throwing me off cuz I suspect it could be a Mexican-American cat which broadens the range more.

Comment

Anyone think it could be Mario Barrios? I think he's one of the top Mexican boxers, but yea technically he's chicano. With PBC, but not a guy who I think has headlined much so might be a guy Hearn could sway over to DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              This was who I guessed in the other thread, but that's just a shot in the dark
              Anyone think it could be Mario Barrios? I think he's one of the top Mexican boxers, but yea technically he's chicano. With PBC, but not a guy who I think has headlined much so might be a guy Hearn could sway over to DAZN.
              Here we go. Dan Rafael in his chat saying this guy http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...es-turning-pro

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Here we go. Dan Rafael in his chat saying this guy http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...es-turning-pro
                Interesting, 6'4 MW at just 17? He's gonna be a big one eventually. Looking forward to seeing what he can become

Comment

This kid will be a cruiserweight eventually maybe a small heavyweight. I actually think he will be too big for light heavy as well. He's only 17 and 6'4" he could end up being 6'6" before all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    This kid will be a cruiserweight eventually maybe a small heavyweight. I actually think he will be too big for light heavy as well. He's only 17 and 6'4" he could end up being 6'6" before all is said and done.
                    You familiar with him? Got more information? Style and all that?

Comment

Working...
                    X