Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if PBC makes Alexander Maidana 2? Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Maidana is still better than Berto or Ortiz even being 35 and 4 years out of the ring.
    I'd wait until we see him in the ring again to say that.

Comment

Alexander dropped him once in the first fight. He finishes what he started and makes Maidana quit on his stool in the rematch.

Comment

True Maidana won't be as good as he was 4 years ago but Alexander beat him about 8 years ago and Alexander went down hill while Maidana improved enough to give Mayweather a hard fight. Alexander is active but he is fighting very poorly now. He lost to Berto and drew with loser Lopez. Maidana is still better than Berto or Ortiz even being 35 and 4 years out of the ring.
        Yeah but you need to be realistic that Maidana isn’t a Tyson Fury style boxer. Plus Heavyweights have a different dynamic than lower weights. Referring to weight gain.

I think Maidana could win by a lucky power shot though still getting peppered in a tough fight. As someone else mentioned it’s going to take a while for Maidana to seriously get back in the game. Like 3 fights. If he were to fight Alexander now, it would seriously be bad for Maidana since Devon’s already in momentum.

I am more than sure Maidana is on a performance based deal, so any of the good fights we think of depends on how he does from the first fight. Maybe Maidana’s second fight I could see the Alexander fight. It would be a great revenge fight for Maidana, but Alexander would go out strong knowing what’s at stake, or both.

Comment

Alexander was very good 7 years ago when he beat a Maidana who was a pure slugger without much boxing skill or a jab. Since then Maidana hooked up with Garcia and got much better. Meanwhile Alexander has really gone downhill. Boxrec ranks him 46th in the world, Surely even a rusty 35 year old Maidana can beat the 46th best welterweight who lost to Berto and drew with Lopez.

Comment

Maidana is going to be shot to bits, he has been retired for 4 and a half years.

Comment

Because of the lay off, Alexander would win imo

Alexander beat Ortiz imo and he's off the addiction to painkillers

It wouldn't be a smart fight for pbc to make

They will probably match maidana up with someone like samuel Vargas who just fought khan or Aaron Herrera who fought Jessie Vargas and comes forward and can be hurt

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                I'd wait until we see him in the ring again to say that.
                Yes, being out for 4 years makes Maidana a mystery right now. If he just came back to make a buck he may fail. He must lose all that fat slowly and properly. If he is coming back because he loves to fight and he trains hard and properly I think he can still beat some good welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  Yeah but you need to be realistic that Maidana isn’t a Tyson Fury style boxer. Plus Heavyweights have a different dynamic than lower weights. Referring to weight gain.

I think Maidana could win by a lucky power shot though still getting peppered in a tough fight. As someone else mentioned it’s going to take a while for Maidana to seriously get back in the game. Like 3 fights. If he were to fight Alexander now, it would seriously be bad for Maidana since Devon’s already in momentum.

I am more than sure Maidana is on a performance based deal, so any of the good fights we think of depends on how he does from the first fight. Maybe Maidana’s second fight I could see the Alexander fight. It would be a great revenge fight for Maidana, but Alexander would go out strong knowing what’s at stake, or both.
                  You yourself picked Maidana to win by stoppage. I am well aware that Maidana is not a real good boxer but he is a far better boxer now than he was when Alexander outboxed him so easily. On the other hand Alexander has slipped tremendously in the last 7 years. He knew how important it was to beat Berto and Lopez but he was no longer good enough to beat them. I have no faith in today's Alexander. If Maidana just came back to make some money and doesn't train hard and properly he will fail. If he came back for the love of fighting and trains like he did for Mayweather I think he can do pretty good. He won't beat a Spence or a Crawford but he could beat a washed up Alexander in my opinion. He must allow enough time to take the extra weight off slowly and properly. No faster than a week for every 2 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post

You yourself picked Maidana to win by stoppage. I am well aware that Maidana is not a real good boxer but he is a far better boxer now than he was when Alexander outboxed him so easily. On the other hand Alexander has slipped tremendously in the last 7 years. He knew how important it was to beat Berto and Lopez but he was no longer good enough to beat them. I have no faith in today's Alexander. If Maidana just came back to make some money and doesn't train hard and properly he will fail. If he came back for the love of fighting and trains like he did for Mayweather I think he can do pretty good. He won't beat a Spence or a Crawford but he could beat a washed up Alexander in my opinion. He must allow enough time to take the extra weight off slowly and properly. No faster than a week for every 2 pounds.

Comment

You yourself picked Maidana to win by stoppage
                      I want the very best Maidana fighting Alexander for such a rematch. Robert Garcia’s gameplay for Maidana worked great against technical boxers, so I’d imagine he’d stick to the plan, break down Alexander, and then go for the finish. Let’s see how he looks in his first fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X