Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Groves is unable to fight in the WBSS finals who would you wanna see replace him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I guess it would have to be Eubank. Not that he deserves to be in the final, but it would be a bit of a ****ty tournament if some replacement went straight to the final. They should just go with the semi finalist, who at least progressed to that stage.

of course there's many fighters i'd rather see in the final than Eubank though, but surely it would make a mockery of the tournament if a replacement ends up in the final, even more than having someone that lost in the semi's.
    I agree. It makes sense to put Eubanks Jr in there. They can't put some random dude who never fought in the tournament but whom else can they pick. Jaime Cox and Avni Yildirim got stopped in their losses. Rob Brant got dominated. Eric Skoglund wouldn't sell the fight as well as Eubanks. Its also a much bigger fight in England if Callum Smith with his fight.

Comment

Is moving back the fight not an option at all?

Comment

They have had a guy around the super middleweights fight the undercard each time Parker, he is the replacement should push the guy through instead of Eubank, he really doesn't deserve a chance after the disdain he shown for boxing with that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Sounds like things are leaning towards Groves will be good to go on June 2, but if he isn't, who would you wanna see fight the Callum Smith vs Jurgen Braehmer winner?

Eubunk Jr? Some other WBSS loser besides the other semi-final loser of course (unless its some epic fight I guess anyway)? Benavidez? One of the Dirrell brothers? Ramirez? Jessie Hart? Who????
          Ramirez 1st if he wanted to enter. He has been champion for a long time now. Benavidez 2nd. He looked terrific yesterday. Hart 3rd Eubank 4th and the Dirrell brothers last.

Comment

Sounds like things are leaning towards Groves will be good to go on June 2, but if he isn't, who would you wanna see fight the Callum Smith vs Jurgen Braehmer winner?

Eubunk Jr? Some other WBSS loser besides the other semi-final loser of course (unless its some epic fight I guess anyway)? Benavidez? One of the Dirrell brothers? Ramirez? Jessie Hart? Who????
            I would like to see either Benevidez or Ramirez bc both hold titles at 68. Plus Zurdo said he wants winner regardless
            Last edited by NC Uppercut; 02-18-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
              They have had a guy around the super middleweights fight the undercard each time Parker, he is the replacement should push the guy through instead of Eubank, he really doesn't deserve a chance after the disdain he shown for boxing with that performance.
              Parker would be so mismatched. That could be a travesty in the making

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                Is moving back the fight not an option at all?
                From the WBSS plans as I understood them a sub would be used at any point in the tournament if someone couldn't fight on the planned date. They've had subs fighting on the undercard the whole way too just in case anyone was injured last minute.

This situation is a lil different in that a guy may be injured after a fight & not during the lead in to a fight thats not confirmed officially at this point (the date is confirmed obviously) + it messes with the integrity of the tournament since it is the last fight.

So idk if they'll feel the need to push back the fight or go ahead for that reason. Imagine it'd depend on how long it'd need to be pushed back to. If its months they'll probably throw a sub in, if its weeks waiting on Groves makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  Parker would be so mismatched. That could be a travesty in the making
                  Yeh but we already had a severe mismatch :*(

I don't think there is a worry though Groves is Sauerlands fighter, he will make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                    I don't think they'd put Parker or another inexperienced sub in the finals. That'll look really bad. Earlier in the tournament where a guy makes a name for himself or is out it makes sense. In the finals I think you wanna sell the fight more.

Thats why I lean towards them throwing in a guy WBSS watchers now (Eubank seems like the best bet to me) or a top guy not in the tournament (Ramirez or Benavidez make the most sense to me).

I feel like if Groves were to be out & the money is the same or similar for the finals that you'll be hearing top guys not in the tournament coming out of the woodwork to get try to get the opportunity. LOL Even Jesse Hart will come calling I bet after he was dogging the WBSS a week or two ago.

Comment

From the WBSS plans as I understood them a sub would be used at any point in the tournament if someone couldn't fight on the planned date. They've had subs fighting on the undercard the whole way too just in case anyone was injured last minute.

This situation is a lil different in that a guy may be injured after a fight & not during the lead in to a fight thats not confirmed officially at this point (the date is confirmed obviously) + it messes with the integrity of the tournament since it is the last fight.

So idk if they'll feel the need to push back the fight or go ahead for that reason. Imagine it'd depend on how long it'd need to be pushed back to. If its months they'll probably throw a sub in, if its weeks waiting on Groves makes the most sense.
                      Honestly, since it's the final I wouldn't mind if they had to push it back a couple of months. Groves earned it

Comment

Working...
                      X