No announcement yet.

Throwback-Mayweather Canelo Epilogue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    I think you do Floyd a disservice by calling it easy, the fight was actually really competitive especially the first 8 rounds. It was one of those fights with really competitive rounds, but one guy wins most of them.

Canelo obviously fought the fight too early and with the wrong strategy. Oscar and GBP probably thought it was worth the risk because of the financial reward and boost in profile win or lose.

But people forget that the Trout fight was close, despite what the judges said, I think that was about his level then. Floyd just a bit too much of a jump in level. I think he was better for the experience though (Trout & Floyd). I think he would have lost to Lara had he not had those fights.

The only guy I see being able to beat him wide like that again is BJS. I don't think any of the other fighters have the style to do it. GGG might beat him, Charlo might beat him, Jacobs might beat him, but not wide like that.
    I don't see how the Trout fight was anywhere close to this fight at all man

Comment

One of the best 152 lb wins of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        One of the best 152 lb wins of all time!
        Canelo was 153 the fight before

Comment

Originally posted by larry spence View Post
          I don't see how the Trout fight was anywhere close to this fight at all man
          You misunderstood my point. That fight should have been a precursor to people about Canelo's level. He was outboxed and outworked at times, so did anyone really think he was ready for Floyd? People were hoping the young lion could make the step, but hoping is the operative word in that sentence.

Comment

Why has no one else had such an easy time with Canelo?
            Didnt lara make it look that easy? Jacobs and saunders do the same joh to that bum as well

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              Didnt lara make it look that easy? Jacobs and saunders do the same joh to that bum as well
              hell naw!!!!!! he looked like ass

Comment

hell naw!!!!!! he looked like ass
                Exactly my point. Bumnelo didnt know what to do. The only highlight reel they got was that one body shot the whole fight lol

Comment

ive never really been that impressed with canelo.. he has heart thats for sure but he doesnt do anything that impresses me..i think he is more of a media hype job. i stand firm in saying ggg beat him. i would say he is a good fighter but not great or special.

Comment

Why has no one else had such an easy time with Canelo?
                    Why is beating a weight drained 22 year old Canelo a great win for Floyd, while Loma gets slaughtered for "picking on kids" when he talks about fighting 22 year old Tank Davis?

Comment

I was at this fight🙂.

Comment

Working...
                      X