Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Getting Wilder's WBC Belt Makes Joshua Rematch Bigger!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why're is a ****en bum and how he got his felonious ranking is beyond me. The hvw division is poor. We could see Wilder Whyte before Wilder Joshua. Hearn is a scumbag.

Comment

who will win the fight between Dillian "aint" Whyte and Lucas "aint" brown? hahahah I think that is a good joke

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
        After the march fights, there will be a card with Wilder vs Whyte and Joshua vs Povetkin around the middle of the year to set up the big to the end of the year
        Wilder's mandatory won't be even close to due at that point and Whyte hasn't even been named the mandatory. He's never won a final eliminator. He may have to face Breazeale in a final eliminator if he wants to be declared the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Why're is a ****en bum and how he got his felonious ranking is beyond me
          Whyte vs. Chisora was a WBC eliminator. Whyte won, which jumped him up the rankings. Since then, he's won the WBC silver championship.

He's deserving of his #1 ranking, but he hasn't fought a final eliminator, so he's not necessarily deserving of mandatory status. He may have to fight a final eliminator if he wants to be declared the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Whyte vs. Chisora was a WBC eliminator. Whyte won, which jumped him up the rankings. Since then, he's won the WBC silver championship.

He's deserving of his #1 ranking, but he hasn't fought a final eliminator, so he's not necessarily deserving of mandatory status. He may have to fight a final eliminator if he wants to be declared the mandatory.
            White versus Chisora shouldn't have been a WBC eliminator. Thats the problem there. We're stuck with this garbage.

Comment

White versus Chisora shouldn't have been a WBC eliminator. Thats the problem there. We're stuck with this garbage.
              Two top 15 fighters agreed to fight each other. You can usually get that approved as a first eliminator. The sanctioning bodies do this to encourage ranked fighters to face each other instead of trying to move up the rankings via attrition.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Two top 15 fighters agreed to fight each other. You can usually get that approved as a first eliminator. The sanctioning bodies do this to encourage ranked fighters to face each other instead of trying to move up the rankings via attrition.
                The problem is neither have beaten anyone to be ranked where they are. You know it and I know it.

Comment

The problem is neither have beaten anyone to be ranked where they are. You know it and I know it.
                  You could say the same about Wilder.

You can’t say whyte has ducked anyone, facing Joshua chisora and Browne early in his career.

Presuming he wins I suspect he will be facing either Wilder (but guessing he won’t want the fight), Takam or Brazeale (eliminator) in the next fight following in the summer. All good fights in my opinion.

Comment

Winning championships is one of the best ways to move up the rankings.

Whyte won the WBC international heavyweight championsihp. Whyte won the British heavyweight championship (BBBoC & EBU founded the WBC and their champions are always given great consideration in the rankings).

Comment

The irony in your post, the issue that you pointed out regarding ranking is a valid one. But then looking at Wilder resume you can question is ranking and how he got his shot at stiverne too, at the end of the day if two boxers in the top 10/15 are willing to fight each other like the poster (WBC/WBA/IBF) pointed out then the winner should be rewarded for it.

If Wilder wasn’t given a chance he wouldn’t be the WBC champ as we all know it, it’s all great calling this boxers names and telling us they are terrible but we use to Wilder opposition been average, whether it’s whyte, Browne, dupahas, breazeale or Washington.

Comment

Working...
                      X