No announcement yet.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    It has nothing to do with any of that. That’s just a preemptive excuse for being a hypocrite.

The reason he came up with the “not in an election year” stuff back then, was because that nomination would have swayed the Supreme Court in the liberal direction. Fast forward, and during an election year, much closer to the election, he wants to push the nomination forward. It’s because he wants to accomplish the same thing he was against on the other side of the isle.

I get that it’s politics, but it’s that kind of lack of integrity
    that makes everyone so jaded about politics in general. People get so entrenched in the tribalism, that they no longer care about character. It’s weak.
    Great post.

"I get that it’s politics, but it’s that kind of lack of integrity
    that makes everyone so jaded about politics in general. "

This part in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
      Very satisfying to watch. One thing I learn about the political left is that they don't think about long term consequences, this also applies to whacky laws they think of and their voters are also that way.
      Mitch has played them like a fiddle for years.

Comment

It has nothing to do with any of that. That’s just a preemptive excuse for being a hypocrite.

The reason he came up with the “not in an election year” stuff back then, was because that nomination would have swayed the Supreme Court in the liberal direction. Fast forward, and during an election year, much closer to the election, he wants to push the nomination forward. It’s because he wants to accomplish the same thing he was against on the other side of the isle.

that makes everyone so jaded about politics in general. People get so entrenched in the tribalism, that they no longer care about character. It’s weak.
        Trump will be reelected.. Obama couldn't have and was on his last term.. pretty important difference

Comment

LOL. Joe Biden was the one that pushed, "Not in an election year" crap in 1992 when Bush 1 was about to appoint a Supreme Court Justice. Fast forward to 2016 and he was pushing for Obama's handpicked Justice saying that doesn't count what he said in 1992.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            LOL. Joe Biden was the one that pushed, "Not in an election year" crap in 1992 when Bush 1 was about to appoint a Supreme Court Justice. Fast forward to 2016 and he was pushing for Obama's handpicked Justice saying that doesn't count what he said in 1992.

Ah, politics at it's finest. What I said yesterday means nothing today. Democrats crying in their cars is pretty funny right now though.

Comment

• judges seats have been filled in during presidential election years.....

all of a sudden dems and the left want to "wait till after the election"

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Hopefully, some of your spineless Republican senators will be consistent and say, No. Let's wait until after the election.
                why?

plenty of seats have been filled during election years...

why all of a sudden everyone should wait it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                  This is how dumb republicans are. Dems would never pass this up. But but republicans bad!

well they know who to vote out come nov

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    Never heard of her.

Can guys from the US fill me in on why this is important. I get why Supreme Judges are important but was this one particularly leaning one way?
                    i think she was a deciding factor in roe v wade (thats the fancy name the left calls abortion)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...nee-vote-floor

And you can't very well complain, because it was your team that made the rules Mitch is playing by!!!

The man even straight-up warned y'all.......

Oh the irony!!!!

dems voted out the filibuster for this....

now they are crying about it

oh and they want to remove filibuster from congress too

Comment

Working...
                      X