No announcement yet.

Why doesn’t GGG just FIGHT Canelo “Kazakh Style!”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I once posted a comment saying that Spence reminded me of Golovkin in the way he handled incoming fire while stalking his opponents, and got slagged off by someone calling me a moron who DKSAB.
    There's a lot of stylistic similarities between the two of 'em way I see it. It's certainly not the kind of observation that should cause offense at any road, but NSB will NSB I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      There's a lot of stylistic similarities between the two of 'em way I see it. It's certainly not the kind of observation that should cause offense at any road, but NSB will NSB I guess.
      A lot posters who rate Spence highly don't rate GGG at all, and vice versa. It was a Spence groupie who took offence at me comparing Errol to a crude, face first slugger like GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Exactly! People think GGG should've just mowed him down and KO'd him, but that was met with resistance....resistance as in a fighter who doesn't fear him and will give him something to think about.

Still like GGG, but he can't KO somebody who isn't willing to get walked over because of his power. Lol

Canelo thrives when someone sits in front of him. Maybe the 1st fight he was willing to counter because he was warned about GGG's power, but right now there isn't an ounce of fear in Canelo. He knows he can take GGG and even school him.

I just don't know how GGG can win this 3rd fight. If he jabs, Canelo's defense blocks it. If Canelo doesn't block it, doesn't seem to affect him anyway, and GGG should know that you're not winning a championship fight with fuking jabs.

If he puts pressure he'll find resistance and Canelo aint moving, which means a battle of attrition ensues, which means we see a repeat of fight #2, and another L for GGG. Why an L for GGG, because in this battle Canelo will work the body and GGG won't.

That's why i don't want this fight. I want them to at least go a round with other opposition then meet if they have to in September.
        Last edited by Lion81; 01-17-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
          Canelo thrives when someone sits in front of him. Maybe the 1st fight he was willing to counter because he was warned about GGG's power, but right now there isn't an ounce of fear in Canelo. He knows he can take GGG and even school him.

I just don't know how GGG can win this 3rd fight. If he jabs, Canelo's defense blocks it. If Canelo doesn't block it, doesn't seem to affect him anyway, and GGG should know that you're not winning a championship fight with fuking jabs.

If he puts pressure he'll find resistance and Canelo aint moving, which means a battle of attrition ensues, which means we see a repeat of fight #2, and another L for GGG. Why an L for GGG, because in this battle Canelo will work the body and GGG won't.

That's why i don't want this fight. I want them to at least go a round with other opposition then meet if they have to in September.
          Can't argue with this at all. The look on Golovkins face throughout the rematch was that of a baffled man who knew he needed to get some real work in....but couldn't impose his will.

I like both guys, always will, but Canelo truly showed us what he's made of and that "no fear" approach is gonna make future opponents think a little harder about asking for the fight.

Hell, most of these guys are calling out Canelo but the looks on their faces tell me they really don't want that work but they'd love the payday.

Fighting Canelo (from what I've seen) can be a painful experience and I've seen guys call Floyd out with confidence because their only worry is getting outboxed, not beat up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            A lot posters who rate Spence highly don't rate GGG at all, and vice versa. It was a Spence groupie who took offence at me comparing Errol to a crude, face first slugger like GGG.
            You might be right. Seeing how Canelo Jacobs and Andrade are all booked, maybe GGG should consider fighting a brother in Charlo. What other options are there for GGG to bring back the true Kazakh Style Pain!? What do you think about GGG vs Stevens 2? Do you think industry would accept that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              I think Kazakh style is to hit them in the back of the head, put a bag over their head and body and then make love to them.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat (except maybe McNulty)
              I don’t know what’s funnier
              Your avi or your post! Great stuff

Comment

Working...
              X