Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    He really didn't win that fight, Lara was robbed. I do agree that Williams based on size, height, style and workrate would've been a hard fight for Floyd.
    He's beat that MULTIPLE times in his career.

Comment

• Paul was a big tall long active welterweight before ging up to 154 160. He was a handful to deal with. It would have been a competitive match. No one wanted to fight Williams at 147 especially after he beat Margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        Volume, volume, volume, he threw a lot of punches, volume, volume, stamina, volume.

I favored Floyd in the fight, but the reverse question can be: "Why do people think Floyd would've shut out Paul Williams?"
        Cuz Floyd would of made him reset too much & kill that "Volume, volume, volume."

Comment

• Because this is boxing?
          On paper most people would have no reason to think that Ken Norton would be able to mess with Ali(even the older version)

This is why they fight, no human on earth is perfect, so just because one fighter may appear "superior" to another fighter, doesn't mean he can't lose to someone deemed inferior. Grade A boxers lose to lesser competition and this is shown all throughout boxing history. Happened to Sugar Ray Robinson, Louis,Ali, Hearn, Klitskcho, so on and so on.

So sorry if most people think a 6'2 welterweight with great stamina, decent pop and work rate could trouble floyd. Floyd is a great boxer but he isn't Thanos with an infinity gauntlet in the ring, it's possible he can lose, i'd favor him in the match up but if they fought and the next day I found out Floyd lost it wouldn't surprise me. The only person to really just make Paul Williams look bad was a Prime Erislandy Lara.
          Last edited by WhatDisButtonDo; 09-28-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
            "what if"

"if"

Why didn't Floyd fight Williams then?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fEFOoaBfs

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              I highly doubt that. I can see only about 5 good fighters on Tommy's resume....just sayin'
              Tommy Hearns is an all time great, and I am from Michigan and got to see him fight live. One of my all time favorites for sure. Hearns is one of those fighters that people lionize over time though, you are correct in stating that he didn't have a ton of great fighters on his resume. But he does have a few legends. And he probably beat Sugar Ray Leonard in that 2nd fight.

Best wins were Duran and Benitez at 154. I think Floyd was better than either at 154. What Hearns had though was one of the best jabs around, and that reach. He would give Floyd a lot of problems, but Mayweather beat him 8-4 or 7-5.

I think Sugar Ray Leonard is the one that beats Mayweather at 147, because he was just as versatile and bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
                And Marquez did? All 3 fights where Marquez couldn't decisively beat that guy.

If you give someone enough changes, guess what?
                Who got K.O.'d between the to fighting each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  ive always questioned the same thing, also margarita, not saying they wouldn't have been tough fights but Floyd would beat them both, and if he did they would be bums all of a sudden
                  ^This right here....LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
                    Like who then, Canelo who was so weight drained he had to be seated during the weigh-in ceremony?
                    Nelo was the one who asked to fight at 152. Two pounds is SO weight drained....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      It would've been a very interesting matchup.
                      Maybe for a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X