No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford resume...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terence Crawford resume...

I see a lot of people criticising Crawford’s resume, suggesting he’s never fought anyone of note abs has always had it easy. That’s utter nonsense. He’s had some tough tests and always passed them with flying colours and has generally fought the best opposition available whilst passing through divisions.

Crawford’s resume broken down in context:

Mar 2013. Briedis Prescott UD 10.
    Despite being a relatively unknown prospect, Crawfotd jumped up in weight and on late notice took a major step up in class against 140lb contender Prescott. Crawford dominated all ten rounds winning in impressive fashion.

Mar 2014. Ricky Burns UD 12. To win his first title Crawford went into the lions den in Glasgow against two weight (now three weight) world champion Ricky Burns. Crawford comfortably beat Burns over 12 rounds. Whilst Burns isn’t an elite fighter he was a solid world champion. Errol Spence rightfully gets credit for going on the road and dethroning Kell Brook, and Burns has a far greater resume than Brook, so Crawford’s win over Burns undoubtedly deserves acclaim.

Jun 2014. Yuriorkis Gamboa TKO 9.
    Gamboa was an undefeated former unified featherweight champion, who had also held interim world titles at 130 and 135, he was generally regarded as an elite fighter but also viewed as very undersized for Lightweight. Crawford was only a slight favourite (-166 Vegas odds) heading into the bout. Crawford had some trouble early on but dropped Gamboa several time on route to an impressive stoppage victory.

Nov 2014. Raymundo Beltran UD 12. Beltran is by no means an elite fighter but he was the rings #2 rated lightweight behind Crawford who was #1 Crawford dominated all twelve rounds becoming the lineal champion at 135.

2015-17. Cleaning up 140. Various wins.
    140 was hardly murderers row but Crawford still picked up impressive wins on route to completely unifying the division. His most impressive victory came against Viktor Postol. He and Postol were the clear 1 and 2 in the division and Crawford dropped and decisioned Postol in a dominant victory picking up his the WBO/WBC and lineal title at 140. He went to become undisputed champion by destroying the limited yet dangerous WBA/IBF champ Julius Indongo in 3 rounds. Other impressive performances included stoppage wins over Olympic Gold medalist Felix Diaz and contenders Thomas Dulorme, John Molina and Hank Lundy.

July 2018. Jeff Horn. TKO 9.
    Pacquiao fanatics may disagree but Horn legitimately beat Manny IMO. Regardless of the decision it was clearly a close and competitive fight establishing Horn as a top fighter at 147. Crawford had no problems dealing with Horn controlling every round before stopping him in the 9th round to become a three weight world champion.

Crawford clearly has an adequate resume, with various solid wins, a few quality wins and many impressive performances.

Hopefully this gives the people sh**ing on Crawford’s resume some perspective, and if you still want to sh** on his resume you evidently DKSAB.

So far i don't have any issues with his resume, he might be 31 years old but i think he is a late comer and he has progress in the right way, won titles in each weight class. 147 is the ultimate star weight for him now, this is the weight that would help him prove how great he is, only if the other guys on the other side of the street are willing to sit down and negotiate a fight with him doe.

Comment

--- His resume is good, not great.

Sorry, manny mullered Horn with a Aussie ref who helped Horn stay afloat during his worst moment in the ring.

You lose the argument when you stoop to illicitly slamming a 40 yr Manny who was voted #2 all time p4p international poll that was the largest ever held the went for a week with toll free phone lines to encourage the vote.

We'll see where Crawford goes if he can stay out of trouble. He's lucky the be alive if you knew about his history...Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        --- His resume is good, not great.

Sorry, manny mullered Horn with a Aussie ref who helped Horn stay afloat during his worst moment in the ring.

You lose the argument when you stoop to illicitly slamming a 40 yr Manny who was voted #2 all time p4p international poll that was the largest ever held the went for a week with toll free phone lines to encourage the vote.

We'll see where Crawford goes if he can stay out of trouble. He's lucky the be alive if you knew about his history...Just sayin'
        How did I slam Manny? I’m a longtime Pacquiao fan but I’m honest and I scored it 115-113 Horn. As I said regardless, it was a close and competitive fight, whilst Crawford absolutely dominated Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So far i don't have any issues with his resume, he might be 31 years old but i think he is a late comer and he has progress in the right way, won titles in each weight class. 147 is the ultimate star weight for him now, this is the weight that would help him prove how great he is, only if the other guys on the other side of the street are willing to sit down and negotiate a fight with him doe.
          Completely agree...

Comment

We will see if these PBC *****es want to fight him this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Arum didn't overpay him with more than a year remaining on his contract to facilitate fights with the guys at PBC. He did that to prevent them from happening because had he not overpaid and let Crawford test the market, Haymon would've overpaid and essentially locked Bob out of the profit from that PPV and he would have no big name in the 2nd most important division in boxing, other than HWT.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-16-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                I see a lot of people criticising Crawford’s resume, suggesting he’s never fought anyone of note abs has always had it easy. That’s utter nonsense. He’s had some tough tests and always passed them with flying colours and has generally fought the best opposition available whilst passing through divisions.

Crawford’s resume broken down in context:

Mar 2013. Briedis Prescott UD 10.
                Despite being a relatively unknown prospect, Crawfotd jumped up in weight and on late notice took a major step up in class against 140lb contender Prescott. Crawford dominated all ten rounds winning in impressive fashion.

Mar 2014. Ricky Burns UD 12. To win his first title Crawford went into the lions den in Glasgow against two weight (now three weight) world champion Ricky Burns. Crawford comfortably beat Burns over 12 rounds. Whilst Burns isn’t an elite fighter he was a solid world champion. Errol Spence rightfully gets credit for going on the road and dethroning Kell Brook, and Burns has a far greater resume than Brook, so Crawford’s win over Burns undoubtedly deserves acclaim.

Jun 2014. Yuriorkis Gamboa TKO 9.
                Gamboa was an undefeated former unified featherweight champion, who had also held interim world titles at 130 and 135, he was generally regarded as an elite fighter but also viewed as very undersized for Lightweight. Crawford was only a slight favourite (-166 Vegas odds) heading into the bout. Crawford had some trouble early on but dropped Gamboa several time on route to an impressive stoppage victory.

Nov 2014. Raymundo Beltran UD 12. Beltran is by no means an elite fighter but he was the rings #2 rated lightweight behind Crawford who was #1 Crawford dominated all twelve rounds becoming the lineal champion at 135.

2015-17. Cleaning up 140. Various wins.
                140 was hardly murderers row but Crawford still picked up impressive wins on route to completely unifying the division. His most impressive victory came against Viktor Postol. He and Postol were the clear 1 and 2 in the division and Crawford dropped and decisioned Postol in a dominant victory picking up his the WBO/WBC and lineal title at 140. He went to become undisputed champion by destroying the limited yet dangerous WBA/IBF champ Julius Indongo in 3 rounds. Other impressive performances included stoppage wins over Olympic Gold medalist Felix Diaz and contenders Thomas Dulorme, John Molina and Hank Lundy.

July 2018. Jeff Horn. TKO 9.
                Pacquiao fanatics may disagree but Horn legitimately beat Manny IMO. Regardless of the decision it was clearly a close and competitive fight establishing Horn as a top fighter at 147. Crawford had no problems dealing with Horn controlling every round before stopping him in the 9th round to become a three weight world champion.

Crawford clearly has an adequate resume, with various solid wins, a few quality wins and many impressive performances.

Hopefully this gives the people sh**ing on Crawford’s resume some perspective, and if you still want to sh** on his resume you evidently DKSAB.
                Crawford has an excellent undefeated record. I have no doubt about that. I am no Pacquiao fanatic but I disagree with you that Horn beat Pacquiao or that the fight was even close. The computerbox doesn't care who wins. They just count punches landed. They counted 160 landed punches for Pacquiao and only 80 landed punches for Horn. Plus Pacquiao's punches were harder and cleaner and he almost KOed Horn in the 9th round. When you outscore your opponent by a 2 to 1 margin and land the harder punches you win the fight. You are in a small minority who think Horn deserved the win over Pacquiao. The big majority of viewers think Horn won by home country robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Crawford has an excellent undefeated record. I have no doubt about that. I am no Pacquiao fanatic but I disagree with you that Horn beat Pacquiao or that the fight was even close. The computerbox doesn't care who wins. They just count punches landed. They counted 160 landed punches for Pacquiao and only 80 landed punches for Horn. Plus Pacquiao's punches were harder and cleaner and he almost KOed Horn in the 9th round. When you outscore your opponent by a 2 to 1 margin and land the harder punches you win the fight. You are in a small minority who think Horn deserved the win over Pacquiao. The big majority of viewers think Horn won by home country robbery.
                  Compubox is nonsense, it’s just people counting punches and pressing buttons. There’s no validity to their figures. Punch counting is very much irrelevant in professional boxing anyway tbh.

I have no problem with people scoring it for Pac but it was definitely a close and tough fight for both. I thought Horn outhustled him in a lot of rounds, his somewhat dirty, roughhouse tactics were very effective and he physically bullied Manny at times.

Comment

His resume is softer than baby poop. 31 years old and his best win is a blown up gamboa. You can write as many paragraphs as you want about his weak asss opposition but that will never change the fact that his resume is trash. Danny garcia and Keith thurman are both younger than crawford and both their resumes absolutely ***** all over this fraud asss champs resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X