Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2950 Post(s)
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 24,990.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
Simple economics, man.

If you want to think that Amir Khan is going to get $5m, and Terence Crawford getting $5m, with Bob Arum knowing for damn sure that he's not going to cover $10m in purses (plus the costs of the event), that's on you.

How would I get my money from you anyway? You've already shown yourself to be a sucker who won't stand by what you've said; what makes this any different?

Your word isn't worth **** here, tbh
you have been proven to be the biggest moron on this site. You make shieet up as you go. You are the same moron who said Man Down Promotions was getting a share of foreign tv money LMAAAOOOOOOO. You will never live that moment down. That was sooo fuuunnnyyyy.

ESPN PPV won't be the only revenue stream for this fight and you don't know if ESPN is guaranteeing a certain amount. You also don't know how this will be distributed in the UK. You love to make stuff up and reveal how clueless you really are.

I bet you 1,0000 crawford is guaranteed more than 3.5 million for this fight. Stop being a coward and make a bet. You know as well as I do he will make more than that. Hell his standard minimum is more than that. I bet his ppv minimum is 4 million or more
killakali is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-08-2019, 11:10 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5854 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,399.67
Total Points: 36,345.64
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakali View Post
you have been proven to be the biggest moron on this site. You make shieet up as you go. You are the same moron who said Man Down Promotions was getting a share of foreign tv money LMAAAOOOOOOO. You will never live that moment down. That was sooo fuuunnnyyyy.

ESPN PPV won't be the only revenue stream for this fight and you don't know if ESPN is guaranteeing a certain amount. You also don't know how this will be distributed in the UK. You love to make stuff up and reveal how clueless you really are.

I bet you 1,0000 crawford is guaranteed more than 3.5 million for this fight. Stop being a coward and make a bet. You know as well as I do he will make more than that. Hell his standard minimum is more than that. I bet his ppv minimum is 4 million or more
You don't pay off your bets, so why would I waste my time?

With no money on the line, you've already turned punk after all that talk about Wilder-Fury doing **** business in LA. $3.5m in ticket sales and almost 18000 people in the building and you, like I said before the fight, hid your hand and tried to abandon your words.

You don't have 10 grand to do anything, lol.

Amir Khan is fighting for $5m, with Al Haymon looking over the deal (so you know Khan's not getting shorted a dollar either).

If you honestly think that Crawford is getting $4m+, with Arum putting up the maybe $1m-$1.5m to actually stage the fight, accepting that his company will likely lose $2m+ on the fight, that's on you.
Scipio2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:29 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 

Quote:

Wilder was guaranteed $4m, Tyson Fury was guaranteed $3m, and paying the full undercard (plus staging the actual fight) likely ended up costing near $2m.

250k PPV buys was allegedly the breakeven point for the event (to cover the purses to Wilder-Fury, the rest of the purses, the cost of the event, and paying the promoters for staging the fight); at $65/$75, that's ~$9.5m, before you count the gate, the UK TV, etc.

Bob Arum isn't going to set himself to lose a ton of money, and he's on the hook for $5m to Amir Khan from the jump.

Crawford-Khan isn't doing $3m at MSG, and it's unlikely to draw 250k on PPV either. And even then, Arum is still in the hole, lol.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:36 PM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quote:

Where are we confirming this bet?

$1000, sure. Where's the escrow and who's the arbiter?

Keep running your mouth if you want?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:45 AM #25
Amateur

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
7Abz7 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 6,145.78

Peanuts! Crawford ain't a big draw!
7Abz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:49 AM #26
3 time loser

Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Rockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond reputeRockybigblower has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 15,928.12

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Rockybigblower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 AM #27
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 4586 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 64,246.91
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockybigblower View Post
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:01 AM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Scopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 11,953.89
Excellent post, brother.  Spot on. - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I could see Crawford taking something like 7 million plus his fair share of whatever extras there are. I think this fight will sell quite well, Crawford's making his name as one of the most skilled fighters around and Khan has name recognition even now, thanks to all the publicity he's had, both good and bad. Even my grandfather in the UK whose only knowledge of current boxing is what he gets from me and the scraps that make it onto BBC news is constantly asking after him. Obviously it's not doing Mayweather money because it's not exactly the best matchup out there, but I don't see why everyone involved can't make a tidy profit from it, so long as they get the pricing right.
Scopedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:26 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
I could see Crawford taking something like 7 million plus his fair share of whatever extras there are. I think this fight will sell quite well, Crawford's making his name as one of the most skilled fighters around and Khan has name recognition even now, thanks to all the publicity he's had, both good and bad. Even my grandfather in the UK whose only knowledge of current boxing is what he gets from me and the scraps that make it onto BBC news is constantly asking after him. Obviously it's not doing Mayweather money because it's not exactly the best matchup out there, but I don't see why everyone involved can't make a tidy profit from it, so long as they get the pricing right.
Pause for a moment.

If Crawford gets $7m and Khan gets $5m, Top Rank is on the hook for $12m to cover the main event. Top Rank puts on their **** undercard for the fight, plus the costs of actually staging the event, and you're likely up to $14m in the hole.

Now count the money coming back in. The fight is expected to be at MSG; Golovkin, 6 fights into his run in New York, fighting Brooklyn-based Jacobs was priced aggressively and drew $3.5m. Crawford-Khan gets nowhere near that, but let's simply give him that by fiat. The fight will air at 3am in the UK, likely on BoxNation/BT Sport due to Warren's deal with Arum; let's simply say that that's worth $3.5m just because, since it may be worth less.

Even then, you're still $7m in the hole, with the US PPV being the remaining large revenue stream; a $7m take would basically need $15m to be generated. At $65/$75, that puts the needed number on PPV for Crawford-Khan at 200k (recall that Crawford's last shot on PPV drew 50k PPV buys).

And that's with the openly nonsense estimates.

At $12m to the main event, Top Rank loses $3m-$5m without even really thinking about it
Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,122.74
Total Points: 48,210.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Oh hold up, Khan is with Eddie Hearn now, so that's DAZN?
Dazn... burning cash! They will drop boxing as the loses must be eye watering
abracada is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
crawford, guaranteed, khan, mill, paid.

User Tag List