Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz: I Can't Move Up To 130 Before Fighting Gary Russell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Santa Cruz will move up. He ducked GRJ just like he ducked Rigo. FACT!

Comment

He said that they told him he’d have 3 fights this year and 1 may be against Gary Russell. In other words it’s whatever Haymon decides.

Wish Gary Russell would be more active even if he doesn’t get the LSC fight. Dudes a talent that fans should see more often

Comment

Getting sick of the nonsense! Santa cruz acts like his fight with grj is something special. Please! The two title holders in the division that don't want to fight anyone worth a damn! It'll only be a special payday for the two not much for boxing fans to enjoy. Who wants to se how fast grj can run backwards or santa cruz lunging to catch him? Two fighters with no sand! One of the toughest divisions in boxing and the two title holders in the division who avoid the tough fights. Personally, I avoid boring myself from watching any grj fights. Which aint hard to do being he dont want to fight anyway. Santa cruz also unless it's a mismatch. Neither want to prove themselves anymore. Give me Valdez vs Warrington and expect a fight of the year preformance. Either one of those two would cause both santa cruz and jr to turn as white as Warrington's derrier if matched up together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Still doesn't want any smoke with rigo. Still stands as one of the most blatant ducks I can think of.
          Everybody ducked Rigo... Why throw it all on Santa Cruz who has the best resume out of every one who ducked him?

Comment

Originally posted by Pakutu93 View Post
            So fight him already!!! WTF? u ducked rigo !
            People will remember u if u beat GRJ" not Flores and other bums u fought!!!
            Exactly. he ducked rigo and he's ducking Gary Russell. people just don't pay it any mind because Russell doesn't do many interviews at all.

And santa cruz keeps bringing it up and talking about it almost like he's trying to psyche himself out/talk himself into actually having the balls to fight him.

It's amazing how some fighters get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              Everybody ducked Rigo... Why throw it all on Santa Cruz who has the best resume out of every one who ducked him?
              1. because leo vs rigo was the main fight that was supposed to be made in that weight class at the time. 2. His father outright said, they would rather just face Mexican fighters rather than risk losing to a Cuban. 3. I'm not as impressed with Santa cruz's resume as you are. He has alot of low level fighters on his record and his biggest accomplishment is splitting fights with Frampton, who imo was overrated to begin with.

Comment

1. because leo vs rigo was the main fight that was supposed to be made in that weight class at the time. 2. His father outright said, they would rather just face Mexican fighters rather than risk losing to a Cuban. 3. I'm not as impressed with Santa cruz's resume as you are. He has alot of low level fighters on his record and his biggest accomplishment is splitting fights with Frampton, who imo was overrated to begin with.
                I mean say what you want but facts are facts. He has the best resume in the division, and there are plenty of good fighters in it. Leo isn't the only one.

He also fought the best versions of Frampton and arguably won both fights. Now he's going to unify with Russel jr.

Comment

I mean say what you want but facts are facts. He has the best resume in the division, and there are plenty of good fighters in it. Leo isn't the only one.

He also fought the best versions of Frampton and arguably won both fights. Now he's going to unify with Russel jr.
                  you say he's unifying with Russell Jr as if it's a fact. His next fight is vs yet another low level opponent. I'll believe the Russell fight will happen when I see it. And yes facts are facts and the fact is, santa cruz vs rigo was the main fight in that weight class that should've been made, and the reason it wasn't made was because santa cruz ducked it. Even had Haymon buy him out of his golden boy contract when Oscar said he was finally going to make the fight. And regardless if you think he had the best resume in the division, that still doesn't make it a good resume. Because it really isn't.

Comment

you say he's unifying with Russell Jr as if it's a fact. His next fight is vs yet another low level opponent. I'll believe the Russell fight will happen when I see it. And yes facts are facts and the fact is, santa cruz vs rigo was the main fight in that weight class that should've been made, and the reason it wasn't made was because santa cruz ducked it. Even had Haymon buy him out of his golden boy contract when Oscar said he was finally going to make the fight. And regardless if you think he had the best resume in the division, that still doesn't make it a good resume. Because it really isn't.
                    Ok well if it is the best resume in the divsion and still isn't good, then maybe others with less good resumes in the division should be getting more heat for not fighting Rigo then he is?

The only point I was making really. If you are going to come at anybody for not fighting Rigo, come at the people with lesser resumes then him, cuz he's fought good opposition.

Comment

Ok well if it is the best resume in the divsion and still isn't good, then maybe others with less good resumes in the division should be getting more heat for not fighting Rigo then he is?

The only point I was making really. If you are going to come at anybody for not fighting Rigo, come at the people with lesser resumes then him, cuz he's fought good opposition.
                      this article is about santa cruz, so I commented that Santa Cruz ducked rigo. And he's the one that gets biggest heat for ducking rigo because that was the main fight that needed to be made. When Canelo was being accused of ducking ggg, there were other people who ducked ggg as well, but the heat came on Canelo because that was the fans that should've been made and the fight that the fans wanted. There's no real dispute that Santa Cruz ducked him and you saying I should mention everyone who ducked rigo is pointless. Santa Cruz was champ and there was demand for that fight. And come to think of it, Russell Jr has been in the ring with Loma, Gonzalez (the guy who ko'd mares in 1)and an undefeated Diaz. That gives santa cruz a good run for his money as far as resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X