Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weight/conditioning/layoff do you think Fury would have needed for a Wilder win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weight/conditioning/layoff do you think Fury would have needed for a Wilder win?

He came close in that last round, against a man who had a 2.5 year layoff then no serious tune up opponent, had addiction, depression and was 130lbs over his fighting weight.

Breaking it down, I think Deontay could have sealed that victory if the following criteria had been met:
    • Tyson had had a 15 year lay off, which he came back from on the night of the fight
    • He'd had to lose 290lbs to make weight
    • He'd been addicted to crystal meth and heroin

Still, Deontay managed to land two windmills, knock Tyson down and get a draw. Well done him.

Not even a little bit funny in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Not even a little bit funny in my opinion.
      Thanks for your input.

Comment

Fury would need to be about 265 to lose to Wilder at 212. A long lay off wouldn't be a problem for Fury against a guy who has the least skills in the top 10. A fit Fury wins everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          He came close in that last round, against a man who had a 2.5 year layoff then no serious tune up opponent, had addiction, depression and was 130lbs over his fighting weight.

Breaking it down, I think Deontay could have sealed that victory if the following criteria had been met:
          • Tyson had had a 15 year lay off, which he came back from on the night of the fight
          • He'd had to lose 290lbs to make weight
          • He'd been addicted to crystal meth and heroin

Still, Deontay managed to land two windmills, knock Tyson down and get a draw. Well done him.
          Fury was underrated going into that fight - even Hearn said he would cry off with a fake injury to avoid it

Comment

lol............

Comment

Fury should have been on Heroin and had HIV

Comment

Maybe 5 years and 15 stone weight loss without any tune ups? Even then im not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Maybe 5 years and 15 stone weight loss without any tune ups? Even then im not so sure.
                  All I hear about is that Jack Reiss gave Fury a 10,000 count and let him go for a walk around the block and fetch a cup of tea to give him half a chance. I don't hear about the fact that more windmills flew past Fury than a trip to Amsterdam.

Take away round 12 (and even, in some respects, round 9) and what have Windmillers got to praise about Wilder?

Comment

Working...
                  X