Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you pick if Joshua vs. Wilder happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I actually think it will be the other way around.

Joshua will start aggressively from the opening round because he knows the longer the fight goes, the biggest chance of Wilder landing a hail Mary will get.

Wilder won't be prepared for that. He'll expect Joshua to start like he usually does, but as soon as AJ starts charging at him and lands his first combo, it will be the beginning of the end.

Wilder thrives on chaos, but only when he's the one creating it. His lack of experience and skills will show in this fight.
    Fair point. I can see Wilder's defense being a problem here to. But when you have two big man with their type of fighter really either one could go down. That imo is what makes the fight so interesting. The fact that one punch can end it all.

Comment

Wilder by ko

Can see Aj trying to dictate the fight on the front foot controlling distance until he's caught. Retreat mode after that & put down by an overhand right

Comment

I saw Molina wobble Wilder... then 18 months later he was easily beaten by Joshua in three one-sided rounds.

My point is not triangular logic, which proves nothing, but just to call into question those who see Wilder as a killing machine and Joshua, possibly, as a sitting duck.

Comment

I think it’s a matter of who lands first. If wilder comes out swinging with his range, and overcommits Joshua can capitalize, if he can remain poise at least in the early going when both are just feeling each other out.

If Joshua lands that uppercut from hell via counter to Wilder’s swings then its also night night for Wilder.

If Wilder happens to disrupt Joshua’s poise then Lands his right it’s also night night.

Wilder will be the one who will pick up the pace of the fight and be the aggressor while Joshua will stay patient, like he should. If it goes the other way around it may be advantageous to Wilder.

The one who ain’t scared to land his own might win this. As he will take advantage of any openings.

Comment

I would pick Wilder without hesitation. Joshua isnt worthy to be the face of HW boxing.

He is really what you call British Level but because the rest of the guys in the division sucks so bad, he gets boosted as someone special but he is far from it.

Comment

I thought Joshua until I saw the Parker fight and he didn't look very confident in that fight so now I see it as a 50/50 fight, so I chose draw.

Comment

I think Wilders defensive liabilities and his poor technique get found out in this fight vs Joshua’s more correct style.

People seem adamant that Wilders wildness will catch Joshua off guard, and I can see it, but I think it’s more likely that Joshua is able to get to Wilder with his tighter shorter hooks and uppercuts especially if he chooses to get inside. If he stays on the outside he gives Wilder a big chance.

Comment

Working...
                X