Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean I get it, but you could had just said south America

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
      Russia announces plans to set up its first ever military base in the Caribbean - the country's largest presence in the region since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962

By George Martin For Mailonline
      16:01, 17 Dec 2018, updated 16:08, 17 Dec 2018
      • Russia's TASS news agency reported the base would be in La Orchila, Venezuela
      • The island of La Orchila is situated 125 miles northeast of the capital of Caracas
      • After striking a deal with President Nicolas Maduro military jets will land there
      • It will be Russia's largest Caribbean deployment since the Cuban Missile Crisis

Russia has announced plans to set up its first ever military base in the Caribbean after striking a deal with cash-strapped Venezuela.

The state-sponsored TASS news agency reported that Russian experts had selected the island of La Orchila, 125 miles northeast of Caracas, as a possible military base up to 10 years ago.

According to the agency, Russia will now be 'deploying Tu-160 strategic aircraft to the island', after seeking permission from Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro.

The deployment will represent the one of the largest semi-permanent postings of Russian military hardware to the region since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 - which marked the height of the Cold War.

Venezuelan law reportedly prohibits a full-time military base from being set up within its borders.

However, the deployment of supersonic Russian jets would be 'temporary' - according to official sources.

'It is the right idea to include Venezuela in long-range aviation missions,' military expert Colonel Shamil Gareyev told the Russian newspaper Novaya Gozeta.

'Our strategic bombers will not only not have to return to Russia every time, but also won't perform aerial refueling while on a patrol mission in the Americas.

'Our Tu-160 aircraft arrive to their base in Venezuela, conduct flights, execute their missions and are then replaced on a rotating basis. This is how it should be done.'

The news comes just days after two of Russia's nuclear-capable Tu-160 strategic bombers flew over the Caribbean sea during a 10-hour training mission with the Venezuelan Air Force amid escalating tensions between Moscow and Washington.

The flight of the jets was recorded on video, which Russia's Ministry of Defense then proudly shared on YouTube.

The planes, known in Russia as 'White Swans', arrived at Maiquetia airport outside Caracas last Monday after completing a 6,200-mile journey.

The Russian bombers' deployment has infuriated Washington, where US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo characterized the joint training session as 'two corrupt governments squandering public funds, and squelching liberty and freedom while their people suffer.'

The Kremlin on Tuesday rejected Pompeo's criticism, saying it was 'highly undiplomatic' and 'completely inappropriate.'

'As for the idea that we are squandering money, we do not agree. It's not really appropriate for a country half of whose defense budget could feed the whole of Africa to be making such statements,' spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Caribbean.html
      something wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        And trump b!tch azz ain’t gonna do nuffin. With his buster azz.
        whats wrong with russia having a military base outside of russia?

USA has hundreds of them.....

USA are the only ones allowed to do this now?

Comment

IDK i dont liek russia, so fuck em I say.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

We almost went to war over the Cuban Missile Crisis...

Rather not have nukes pointed at me so close. You?

I understand that with the technology of today it doesn't really matter. We are all obliterated if nuclear war is set off. But still.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

So you're saying Russia is on par with America and you no longer believe in American exceptionalism.......interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                We almost went to war over the Cuban Missile Crisis...

Rather not have nukes pointed at me so close. You?

I understand that with the technology of today it doesn't really matter. We are all obliterated if nuclear war is set off. But still.

is the USA the only country allowed to employ military bases in other countries?

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                So you're saying Russia is on par with America and you no longer believe in American exceptionalism.......interesting
                this is the 1st im hearing of this and I've followed politics a long time.....

so because we are american, its ok for american military to expand.... and NO ONE else....

right?

is that what your saying?

sounds more like totalitarianism

to·tal·i·tar·i·an·ism
                /tōˌtaləˈterēəˌnizəm/Submit
                noun
                a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

for example......

america and the rest of the world agrees that nukes are bad...

yet america is the only country to use them.... twice...

and we take nukes away from other countries by asking them (sanctions) and if not by force (gadafi etc)

so we, american exceptionalism, can have nukes but no one else can?

Comment

Working...
                X