No announcement yet.

lomachenko needs to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Not all fighters turn pro at the same age. That's why what you're saying is a spin. We are judging their careers as pro fighters.If you want to compare their achievements by the time they turned 30, we might as well start counting their amateur careers, and I don't think you wanna go there.
    Why wouldn't we want to go there? Now I know you hate Floyd but even that hatred isn't going to drive you to post something ******ed like Loma's amateur career prior to age 25 is better or more impressive than any fighter winning and defending a pro title 6 times from before the age of 25?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Why wouldn't we want to go there? Now I know you hate Floyd but even that hatred isn't going to drive you to post something ******ed like Loma's amateur career prior to age 25 is better or more impressive than any fighter winning and defending a pro title 6 times from before the age of 25?
      I don't give a **** about Floyd or Loma. I'm not a fan or hater of either. I didn't even see Loma's fight yet. GTFO with your petty accusations. I'm probably racist too, huh?

This isn't just a amateur career, it's arguably the greatest amateur career of all time. But if you find winning a title and defending it 6 times, especially in this era where belts are often meaningless and useless, more impressive than going 400-1 and winning 2 Olympic golds then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        I don't give a **** about Floyd or Loma. I'm not a fan or hater of either. I didn't even see Loma's fight yet. GTFO with your petty accusations. I'm probably racist too, huh?

This isn't just a amateur career, it's arguably the greatest amateur career of all time. But if you find winning a title and defending it 6 times, especially in this era where belts are often meaningless and useless, more impressive than going 400-1 and winning 2 Olympic golds then more power to you.
        Where did I post or suggest you were a racist? That is a very strange post given the tenor of the debate.

he may have had the greatest amateur career ever, no doubt. Floyd didn't win and defend the belts in this era. This was 20 years ago. Things were different then.

Even in the watered down era, facing and beating a pro is different than facing and beating an amateur. I would think we learned this from Loma losing to Salido-a guy he is far more skilled than but lost because he was adapting to the dirty style you see in a pro fight during the 1st 7-8 rounds.

Yes, I find winning pro fights more impressive than winning amateur fights. What rational boxing fan doesn't?
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-10-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          The forum went to **** years ago.
          Amen brother.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            loma is 30 years old, he's not as accomplished as floyd was at 30 years old.
            It's just stuff like this that proves this kid is 21 or 22.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              I support fighters of all ethnicities.you don't. Youre a racist piece of trash
              Amen to this.

Comment

Of course it does. How else can we compare. He is 30, Floyd is 30. You are giving Loma a pass for not turning pro until he was 25.

In his 1st 5 years Floyd was 25-0 and had 6 defenses of his lineal title and a win over 33-0 Corrales. Of course he was 19-24 years old. That is the reason you want to gerrymander it. OK, lets look at it the gerrymandered way to give Loma the best possible chance.

From age 25-30 Floyd was 11-0. Titles in 4 divisions, lineal in 2 divisions, unified in 1 division. Compare that to Loma's 11-1, titles in 3 divisions, no lineal titles and unified in 1 division.

Your statement is exaggerated based on the facts. Perhaps its the exaggeration that annoys Floyd fans.
                You're literally talking about one of the greatest fighters that ever lived. I'll catch myself using him as a comparison, like the fact he was world champion less than 2 years from turning pro. Others won't fight anybody for 5-6 years and then win the WBO.

Comment

I hate this portion of the Loma/kov/ggg fan base.
                  Showing your hand a bit much with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    It's just stuff like this that proves this kid is 21 or 22.
                    Prove me wrong pssy

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                      Showing your hand a bit much with that one.
                      Showing my hand? I hate that portion of the fanbase. The ones that like them for reasons other than boxing. I like Loma but am not a fan of kov or GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X