No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn 'Pleased People Got To See Real Bellew' Versus Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
    I've only seen the ko but the fact Usyk were behind on the cards and where made to adjust and think tells you bellow is a better box/fighter than he has been credited with. The range finder with the jab and the long left hook ( which is a difficult shot to gain real power) shows you how much Usyk started to respect bellows ability and fighting heart .. Fair play to them both ..boxing win last night ��
    He was only behind on the cards because Eddie paid off at least 2 of the judges. 1 of the judges has a ridiculous scores for Bellew. Just like every AJ fight, the scorecards are rigged. Its blatantly obvious.

Comment

Usyk barely did anything in the first 3 rounds, I don't think anybody would really argue about them giving Bellew those rounds.

But to say Bellew was boxing great is ridiculous. Usyk simply did nothing and just pawed a jab over and over for 3 rounds because Bellew was just sitting back waiting to counter. I would say Usyk is the one who boxed well since he completely took Bellew's game plan away and then got the better of Bellew as soon as he decided to throw some real punches.

Bellew will not go down as "one of the greats". He will go down as a mediocre fighter who got a vacant belt and beat a bunch of no-names before getting knocked out by Stevenson. His best win is vs Cleverly who is mediocre himself and was out of his weight class.

Glad this is over, I'm tired of this dork getting credit for being David "Never been healthier" Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
        I've told people on this forum time after time that Bellew can box, look at what he did at cruiserweight before facing an out of date Haye.
        He can box, he was a pretty good amateur too.

The problem is that it took so much effort and concentration to compete with Usyk that he was ****ed after 6 rounds, where as Usyk had only just got out of first gear. That's the real difference in levels.

Reminds me of when Macklin said that after two rounds with GGG, it felt like he had done 6 rounds already because he burnt up so much energy just thinking.

Top fighters really understand this and that's why they don't get flustered even if they're losing some early rounds. They will know if the opponent can sustain it or not and start turning the screw accordingly. look at Floyd, when have you ever seen him panic? even when he was probably 4-0 down v Maidana or hurt by Mosley he just stayed calm and turned the tide.
        Last edited by TheBigLug; 11-11-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
          This irks me the most more than anything especially coming from people that ought to have a better boxing brain. "He swept the first 3 rounds" or he was winning the fight, what does it matter, in a fight where he got knocked out. Usyk was feeling him out so it wasnt like Bellew just beat him to take those rounds. Ask Amir Khan, he is always winning until the eventual happens..I respect Bellew especially for humbling that fraud Haye but in hindsight, who has he really fought...Makabu, a crippled David Haye...good for him he was a late bloomer but he was never ever going to beat Usyk cos they are just not on the same level regardless of what happens in the early rounds. You couldn't even see that KO coming. Bellew's brain was still processing the jab when bang the KO punch came.
          It was people like you that was blazing in confidence that uysk will walk through bellew from the start of the belles.

They never believed bellew can win a round against uysk stating many reasons why bellew can't win a round.

Bellew has always been a warrior and his performance against uysk gained more respect for him despite fight ending in defeat.

I have special love for bellew for even taking the fight against the best and undisputed CW of this time.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
            Usyk barely did anything in the first 3 rounds, I don't think anybody would really argue about them giving Bellew those rounds.

But to say Bellew was boxing great is ridiculous. Usyk simply did nothing and just pawed a jab over and over for 3 rounds because Bellew was just sitting back waiting to counter. I would say Usyk is the one who boxed well since he completely took Bellew's game plan away and then got the better of Bellew as soon as he decided to throw some real punches.

Bellew will not go down as "one of the greats". He will go down as a mediocre fighter who got a vacant belt and beat a bunch of no-names before getting knocked out by Stevenson. His best win is vs Cleverly who is mediocre himself and was out of his weight class.

Glad this is over, I'm tired of this dork getting credit for being David "Never been healthier" Haye.
            Your hate for this brother is ridiculous. What exactly did bellew do to you? Bellew might not be the best out there but he is fcckking warrior.

Comment

Bellew can box, and has improved steadily over the years. It's the way he speaks, looks that make people pay no regard to this.

Comment

Working...
              X