Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More dominant physical build for a HW Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It matters on how the fighter uses their physique.

All other things being equal, I'd rather be that guy with the reach advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
      Tyson is a classic mesomorph easy to gain muscles while Deontay is a classic ectomorph lean and hard to gain weight.

Wilder says he struggles to put on and maintain weight regardless of the meal plans he's on.

Both of them put in work but are subject to the limitations of genetics.
      You sound too smart to be in here.

Comment

Tyson was a super athlete. Those are insane genetics. His speed, agility, power, etc are all directly attributed to his build. You can’t learn those attributes. Deontay isnt particularly gifted outside of length and his power which has nothing to do with his build. Just freaky god give power. He’s kind of dopey and really should be a better athlete with that build. He’s not fast or anything considering his size. Steward would have been perfect for him. If he could have developed a snapping and educated left hand, he coulda been something akin to Hearns but Hearns build was much more dramatic considering his division.

I’d have loved to see a well schooled guy with Wilder’s dimensions at Cruiser. He’s too top heavy and lanky at HW where he can be matched in height and length and dwarfed in strength.

Hell, Tyson gives the current giant hws a problem due to his style and build. Deontay is just not skilled and dopey, AJ has issues with smaller guys, and Fury doesnt punch sharp or hard enough or possess a good enough uppercut..interesting mamtchup though. Lennox Lewis had a good sweet spot of height, skill, power, and strength and Evander was also small and ferocious and could fight Tyson and negate many of the advantages that Tyson would create against taller guys by dipping low on his way in and making them punch in an extremely unnatural way and giving impossible angles to deal with when youre tall and less skilled... Evander’s attributes were also enviable with that freak chin.

Tyson (build) all day for HW out of those two

A good version of Deontay (build) at Cruiser sounds terrifying and it’s not too late. I’d f ucking LOVE if Deontay dropped a bomb and said he wants Usyk at CW. He could definitely make that.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-29-2018, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Tyson was a super athlete. Those are insane genetics. His speed, agility, power, etc are all directly attributed to his build. You can’t learn those attributes. Deontay isnt particularly gifted outside of length and his power which has nothing to do with his build. Just freaky god give power. He’s kind of dopey and really should be a better athlete with that build. He’s not fast or anything considering his size. Steward would have been perfect for him. If he could have developed a snapping and educated left hand, he coulda been something akin to Hearns but Hearns build was much more dramatic considering his division.

I’d have loved to see a well schooled guy with Wilder’s dimensions at Cruiser. He’s too top heavy and lanky at HW where he can be matched in height and length and dwarfed in strength.

Hell, Tyson gives the current giant hws a problem due to his style and build. Deontay is just not skilled and dopey, AJ has issues with smaller guys, and Fury doesnt punch sharp or hard enough or possess a good enough uppercut..interesting mamtchup though. Lennox Lewis had a good sweet spot of height, skill, power, and strength and Evander was also small and ferocious and could fight Tyson and negate many of the advantages that Tyson would create against taller guys by dipping low on his way in and making them punch in an extremely unnatural way and giving impossible angles to deal with when youre tall and less skilled... Evander’s attributes were also enviable with that freak chin.

Tyson (build) all day for HW out of those two

A good version of Deontay (build) at Cruiser sounds terrifying and it’s not too late. I’d f ucking LOVE if Deontay dropped a bomb and said he wants Usyk at CW. He could definitely make that.
          Good point about Wilder being better suited for CW.

Jon Jones a UFC Lightweight 205 lbs limit walks around at about 230 lbs before cutting.

Deontay fought his last heavyweight match at 209 lbs. Hell if he tried to cut like most MMA fighter do he could probably get down to 185 lbs.

Comment

You guys are comical to me.

Emmanuel Steward would be the downfall of Deontay.

Deontay, is a power brawler. He is the opposite Wlad, even though the physical stats of the 2 are similar.

Cus would have done wonders for Deontay. Like it or not, Deontay, and Mike Tyson's style are very similar

Comment

Iron Mike hands down. Mike has no neck which makes impervious to punches. He also has a better stature for boxing. Larger thighs. larger calves. bigger hands/forearms. The dude was a tank that moved as fast as a hummingbird...

Mike has immense power. I met him in real life. Very intimidating guy

Comment

Evander would beat deontay's ass

he needs a jab bad. He would be beaten badly by Joshua. I don't know if he has the stature for a power jab. He just has to continue to be himself.

Thats like hatton trying the shoulder roll hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Mike would've killed Wilder. The difference in skill was night and day. The same goes for prime Mike beating Fury and Joshua. Mike knew how to fight big guys. Now don't confuse what Im saying because of how I am saying this lmao. None of those guys had Buster type skills that you needed to beat Mike for money fight. You needed movement, a hard jab, combos, and an unbreakable will. I don't see those skills in any of the 3.

Comment

Just looking at a guy's build can't tell you how good a fighter he is. You might find another guy with a build very much like Tyson's build who couldn't fight or punch hard or take a punch. You could find a guy built the same as Wilder who did not punch hard at all. The heavyweight champ Ernie Terrell was built something like Wilder but he had a great left jab and was a decent boxer with only average power. You can tell by looks how good a fighter is or could be. All things equal I would say Wilder's build is a better build for boxing but I think a prime Tyson knocks a prime Wilder out..

Comment

Sorry but I said you can tell by looks how good a fighter is or could be when I meant to say you can't tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X