No announcement yet.

Deontay, Fury, Joshua, who is the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    I still question this about Wilder. He throws bombs with everything behind them. What good standard heavyweight couldn't knock a guy out if they do that?

I rate Fury above Joshua but I think AJ is a harder fight for Wilder. AJ brings real power, he can counter punch and he's just a better boxer. I think Wilder gets sparked out early and convincingly.
    Nah the way he switched furys lights off in the 12th round, while tired against a fury who wasn't hurt or anything showed true elite power.

Comment

1) Fury
      2) Joshua
      3) Wilder

Fury's wins over Klitschko & Wilder put him at the top for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        I still question this about Wilder. He throws bombs with everything behind them. What good standard heavyweight couldn't knock a guy out if they do that?

I rate Fury above Joshua but I think AJ is a harder fight for Wilder. AJ brings real power, he can counter punch and he's just a better boxer. I think Wilder gets sparked out early and convincingly.
        I don't rate Wilder much as a boxer, but nobody can deny his freakish power. He doesn't have to hit people flush and they still drop like a sack of spuds.

Comment

1. Fury - skill, movement, heart of champion

2. Wilder - power, speed

3. AJ - power, skill. Lack of head movement moves him to bottom of my list. Flush right hands from Wilder puts him down fast. Rewatch Wlad / AJ when Wlad starts each round with a flush 1-2. Against Wilder, that’s lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            would you say he got exposed had he won via knockout? (which he very nearly did) We all know hes not winning due to a well rounded textbook skillset, I don't see how anything has been exposed?
            He got exposed because outside of an aging dude who we really don't know that much about he has fought one decent guy and really struggled. He was lucky to come through the Ortiz fight

Comment

AJ is very much a come forward fighter, who generally fights in straight lines. Tyson could very well outpoint him if he can stay away from his power. I would expect AJ to beat Fury, but wouldn't put much money on it.

I fully expect that if a rematch were to happen between Wilder & Fury, that it would be a neutral venue, and also that the fight pans out in the same manner as the first with a wide point win for Fury. Fury having the bonus of having another good training camp under his belt.

As pointed out, Wilder has some ferocious power, and catching either of these two opponents cleanly with a haymaker is going to be a game changer.

It's good for the sport that either of these three could come out on top in a round robin.

Comment

Working...
              X