Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-07-2018, 12:31 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2119 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,020,000,002,092,826,624.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Stamina would be the greatest factor here. Butterbean only fought fights longer than the pro minimum 4 rounds twice, going 10 rounds, once in Larry Holmes' last pro fight so Two Ton will rush in, get to work on him and once he gets past that 4th round, will drown The Bean in those deep waters. A 15 round boxer vs. a 4 rounder? Doesn't look too good for Butterbean.
Anthony you often are the voice of reason!
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2018, 12:33 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
Please now, that is nothing but average rope jumping. Who can do it? Every heavyweight worth anything, even today's
I would bet Butterbean could not...which is my point, Toney may have been a brawler but he was in fighting shape, there was nothing soft on him. The bean has a lot of soft spots by comparison.

Best quote from him was when somebody asked him why he ran at night and he said, I fight at night.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:27 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14346 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,340,417,429,402,978,091,008.00
Total Points: 692,088,650,734,356,815,413,248.00
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
I would bet Butterbean could not...which is my point, Toney may have been a brawler but he was in fighting shape, there was nothing soft on him. The bean has a lot of soft spots by comparison.

Best quote from him was when somebody asked him why he ran at night and he said, I fight at night.
Iíll see you soon unbanned for the moment
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:48 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
Iíll see you soon unbanned for the moment
You threatening me?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:07 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,094,497,037,304.87
Total Points: 100,001,214,612,336,416.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Anthony you often are the voice of reason!
HA, I've often thought the same about you. I remember The WWF has this awful boxing tournament that seemed to go on forever called The Brawl for All. The winner, in addition to his cash prize, got the honor of fighting Butterbean that year at Wrestlemania. Hmm, a guy with little to no boxing experience fighting a 300 pound slugger who has won toughman contests and regularly knocks out his opponents. What could do wrong there? Then after Vince McMahon completely sets up poor Bart Gunn for failure, he proceeds to fire him. Sounds like a tough business. At least when they had Evander Holyfield TKO Matt Hardy, it was somewhat staged. Gunn was just completely destroyed with no punches pulled whatsoever. The boxing match between Roddy Piper and Mr. T was a little more entertaining. The one between Andre The Giant and Gorilla Monsoon was a lot more entertaining, where they had Andre chase Gorilla outside the ring at one point to get to him. It's theatrics, so might as well make it fun. Hell, boxing these days is getting almost as ridiculous, with multiple belts, posturing interviews and press conferences, top heavyweights ducking each other.

They might as well go all the way and have them attacking each other physically before their matches with chairs or putting them through tables. "My goodness, I think he damn near broke him in half."
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:01 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
You threatening me?
Neverr! .......
Old 10-07-2018, 05:37 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 967 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,965,730,320,703,296.00
Total Points: 120,965,730,320,704,528.00

Quote:

I think Galento would kill him too. I just think he is a so-so rope jumper. And I said any heavyweight worth anything, which Bean wasn't IMO.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:03 AM #18

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
elfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond reputeelfag has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,100,259,678.09

Galento is 1930s fat which is just modern day dad bod. The "normal" heavyweights get fatter than that between fights. Arrerola has come into fights fatter than him.
elfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:30 AM #19
Banned

Quoted: 10144 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 257,408,480,545,798,300,368,896.00
Total Points: 257,408,480,545,898,359,685,120.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
Galento is 1930s fat which is just modern day dad bod. The "normal" heavyweights get fatter than that between fights. Arrerola has come into fights fatter than him.
Good point.

I do find your avatar and sig pics disturbing, though, Mr. Elfag.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:27 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I honestly think, with no irony here that I could predict, to the round, what would happen in this fight: It would be a nightmare for the Bean, a real beating that would turn the bean into Hummus, or mashed bean pea.

the Beans big problem is that Galento, while he likes to present a certain image, is deceptive. He did lots of roadwork, had good endurance, and was very technically proficient as a brawler, believe it or not. Most of the beans success revolves around keeping some guy at a distance. The bean's head is back, he has is girth that has to be encountered, meanwhile he is using his reach. Look at his fights if you don't believe me. heres why: Even though Bean does not have the wingspan of a guy like Wilder, His head is past his girth so to hit him someone has to get around him enough. This actually gives him the advantage he needs to keep a guy outside....Unfortunately aint happening with Toney.

Galento will not even think twice and will absolutely never give bean any room. he will come in, head down, stick his head on bean's girth and fire away at will. he will pressure the bean from this position, hooking, uppercutting, stepping on his feet, hitting him in the gut, all the while with his head close enough that the bean cannot get to him.

After around the third round the bean will be a bloody, protesting mess...His face will throb from Galento's head hitting in (like Evander did at times), his body will hurt from the punches he has absorbed and he will be exhausted from trying to keep Galento back. At this point Galento will low blow him, get him focused down stairs in some manner and hook him to sleep with a series of short punches. I would be suprised if the Bean lasted 5 rounds. In a 3 rounder the Bean escapes a KO but swears never to go near New jersey again.

Oh and here is the reason; Galanto was an excellent inside fighter. before Marciano reinvented the the Hank Armstrong shuffle, Galento was a guy that was good enough at the brawl that he could get himself inside on guys who did not want him there. Two Ton was one of the best inside fighting heavies really. Its just that to his way of thinking, why waste time with footwork and angles? So he would throw himself in and stick there, would you want to try to keep him off of you? He stunk (yes he used Tuna Oil) would throw from any angle inside, and would just put his weight upon you. No way Bean can deal with someone as good from that range as Galento. I doubt Bean hits him once...Galento came in with his head down.
The bean beat bums... guys who were not good enough for the nfl.. lives get ruined when fools get tole they got talent.. peace big brother... tacos on you!

Share This With Friends

Tags
butterbean, galento

User Tag List