Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagler 115-113. Close, but clear IMO.

Comment

Always found Leonard a rightful points winner.

I always ask Hagler fans who think he was robbed to say which rounds they think Hagler won. It's very difficult to find more than 4 or 5 at most.

Comment

Leonard for sure.

Comment

I haven't watched the fight since that night. At the time I was rooting for Leonard (like most people) and I think this possibly coloured my decision that he won a close, competitive fight. Will have to view again.

Comment

Still a close debate even in this thread

Comment

Leonard 115-113

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                That’s an old trick...trying to steal rounds by throwing lots of combos at rounds end. Issue for Marvin was he looked sooo slowwww making Leonard’s flurries that much more impressive. Hagler was outboxed. When Leonard moved and boxed he won rounds...Hagler could only follow along .....slowly in comparison.
                It was a fairly obvious win for Leonard then, and it still is.

Don't you know by now that almost all these kiddies judge fights with their hearts and would not know how to analyze objectively with a machine gun to their heads?

Curmudgeons, churls and chumps still believe Hagler won. I wish he had.

Comment

Leonard won by 7-4 or 7-5
                  Leonard won rounds 1,2,3,4,6,10,11
                  Hagler won rounds 5,7,8,9, and 12th was pretty even.
                  Most of the Leonard rounds were pretty easy to score and the 1st four rounds he won with a breeze.
                  I still remember this fight like yesterday and I actually won money on Leonard and got 3-1 at the bookies.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Leonard 115-113
                    That's the same score I got when I watched an ESPN replay of the fight over the summer.

Comment

I remember watching it years back and scoring it a draw. I rewatched it not so long ago and had Hagler nicking it.

Comment

Working...
                      X