Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Knew if He Stopped - Golovkin Would KO Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Knew if He Stopped - Golovkin Would KO Him!

Abel Sanchez, trainer for IBF, IBO, WBC, WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs), says a rematch with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) must take place for the "good of boxing." The two sides are in serious discussions to stage the rematch on May 5th, Cinco De Mayo weekend, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course he will stop Canelo if he decides to punish his body to slow him down before finishing him off. Besides, Canelo cannot hurt or outbox him. It’ll be a life death fight for Canelo, but a showcase for GGG. That’s how unbalanced the skill, experience, and level is.

Comment

Canelo will win the rematc he. He now knows he can handle ggg power with movement and setting traps to counter. Ggg has nothing but a jab the first fight... canelo, when he threw, looked the superior boxer. Stamina is his only issue, fix that and I think it’s a easy fight... only thing is, stamina is one of those things like raw power, you have it or you don’t... good luck to both men

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        only thing is, stamina is one of those things like raw power, you have it or you don’t... good luck to both men
        It's quite the opposite, stamina is something you don't just have, it's something you have to work hard to get. Consistency is king here, nobody is born with great stamina. Nobody.

Comment

Canelo did stop in the fight and that's the reason it looked like a draw. Ggg was no killer that night.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
            It's quite the opposite, stamina is something you don't just have, it's something you have to work hard to get. Consistency is king here, nobody is born with great stamina. Nobody.
            You may be right, I think his stocky muscular frame doesn’t help with his stamina, I’m not a doctor but I’ve heard that muscle mass is more for power and strength and not endurance. All the Olympic long distance runners lack muscle... what gives? Oh well

Comment

Out of the two Canelo learned more from the first fight and can make adjustments. Mainly his conditioning imo. When he tired he started laying more on the ropes and missing counter openings.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                Canelo did stop in the fight and that's the reason it looked like a draw. Ggg was no killer that night.
                Agreed! Lol, canelo wanted the draw. That’s why he took all the championship rounds

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                  Nonsense. Stamina is a natural talent. You either have it or you don't.

Of course you can work on it to make it better, but if the opponent is working just as hard as you for stamina, then it all comes down to who has more natural stamina. That's why you can have two marathon/long distance runners who train together but the other does better than the other.

Comment

I just want a clear cut winner for the rematch. At this point I don’t care who wins

Comment

Working...
                    X