Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko's & Usyk's historic pro world records now officially recognized!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko's & Usyk's historic pro world records now officially recognized!

Note: This info IMO is headline-worthy for BoxingScene or any other media outlet for that matter. A couple articles could even be published from it: Loma officially tying Muangsurin's previous record set in '75 as the fastest man to win a major world title in their 3rd pro fights respectively, Loma officially becoming the fastest man to win a major world title (WBO) in 2 divisions (backed doubly by BoxRec & now Fight Fax), & Usyk officially becoming the fastest man to win a major world title (WBO) at Cruiserweight in just his 10th pro fight – breaking Holyfield's previous record set in '86 in his 12th pro fight (WBA). All that I ask for is simply to be credited for the independent research herein.

Over the summer at the ABC's 28th annual conference BoxRec was delegated as the other official pro boxing record-keeper, alongside Fight Fax, by ABC president Michael Mazzulli on August 3rd, 2016. Both registries have equal precedence despite Fight Fax being more accurate, and, as a result, contracted through the ABC. As of August 2nd, 2016, Fight Fax is now required to place an indication next to fighters' World Series of Boxing's (WSB) billed “semi-pro” bouts in order to separate them from the other standard professional fights in their official record books. BoxRec doesn't count/list them as professional fights but notes them in the fighter's bio, if they have one.

My source is directly from the ABC, the Association of Boxing Commissions' 28th annual conference. The motion to separate the records by Andy Foster of California (a former GA & FL inspector) passed by a clear majority voice vote in which the ABC president himself voted “Aye” or ‘Yes’ to. It was seconded by Frank Gentile, an active referee & judge out of Florida. Both can be looked up on BoxRec.

WSB bouts now separate from recognized Pro fights in Fight Fax registry's record books

Presentation Mike Martino on World Series of Boxing Pro vs. Amateur Issues. Attorney for Josh Temple. Andy Foster made impromptu presentation. Motion – Foster of CA Moved to separate WSB records on Fight Fax. MOVED. The boxing registry shall place an indication by the WSB fights on Fight Fax such that it does not have to be announced as part of the fighter’s professional record. Seconded by Gentile (FL). MOTION CARRIED ON A VOICE VOTE WITH MINIMAL NAYS.
    The above info is sourced from the ABC's website from their formal draft (PDF) document 28th Annual Association of Boxing Commissions Conference Draft Doc

Here's YouTube video of the motion being “carried” (passed/approved) and is timestamped for convenience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokwrmVp1ww&t=28103

Here's YouTube video of the motion being requested & introduced to the floor by Foster and then seconded by Gentile at the conference. This covers its full discussion regarding separating WSB bouts from pro fights. It's also timestamped for convenience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokwrmVp1ww&t=27508

BoxRec becomes the other official record-keeping Pro registry

Presentation from Boxrec. Provided in writing. Mareena and John Sheppard.
    The issue of the official boxing registry was discussed. President Mazzulli announced that both registries shall be considered official registries. Motion was to give authority to the Boxing Registry Committee to resolve all outstanding issues with the Boxing Registries, including all of the contractual information read into the record by Foster. Motion by Sirb (PA) seconded by English (NH). Motion by Gentile (FL) to adjourn, seconded and approved.
    After a few years, the ABC has finally made its ruling on the WSB matter. It's seemingly final & is also retroactive for fighters that already have or will be competing in World Series of Boxing bouts going forward.
    Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-25-2017, 01:46 AM.

lol. 2 time Gold Medalist, fastest loss entering the pros!...

Rigo with about 500 amateur bouts make these scrubs hype

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post

who gives a **** about rigo doe? no one you ass clown

Comment

pretty cool stuff.

Comment

I don't really care what records Loma did or didn't break. I think he is a hell of a fighter and a great champion. I don't expect him to lose any fights for many years and he fights very good competition.

Comment

World title are pretty watered down now tbh.

Loma needs better names on his resume than simply picking up titles. Haven't Broner and Guerrero picked up numerous titles across weight divisions?

Comment

I already considered those WSB bouts to be non-professional and figured everyone else did as well. You independent research gets no credit from me.

Comment

only problem is that the WBOgus title is so much easier to win than the other titles. it's technically recognized, but it's clearly not equal to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post

Fastest loss entering the pros?????? Hopkins lost his first pro fight, you ignorant fool. Of course you don't like Loma. You are a black racist. If a boxer is white and extremely good like GGG and Loma then you hate them and start 10 threads a day trashing them. Rigo is a great fighter but the majority rate Loma as an even better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                    pretty cool stuff.
                    I think so too. Some publications were saying that he (Loma) didn't hold the official record for being the fastest man to win a major world title (tied with Muangsurin), or the fastest man to do it in two divisions, and they showed the Fight Fax print out. Fight News did this, for example. Well, it'll now show them separated with the WSB bouts underneath the standard professional boxing matches on his career record from what I understand (that's what the motion was about). They officially don't count anymore meaning Loma is 7-1 in pro boxing and his records will stand. Same with Usyk's record. Usyk is now officially 11-0 in pro boxing. Both had 6 WSB semi-pro bouts with the Ukraine Otamans, a name that Lomachenko picked for their team.

Comment

Working...
                    X