Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo wins by tko, cotto hasnt beaten a prime,healthy, in shape fighter in a long long time. look at his last 10 fights and you will see how overrated he is. unless they are b level,over the hill, and crippled then you can bet on cotto. losses to manny,floyd,and trout prove one part,beating crippled bad knee martinez,b level rodriguez,2011 mayorga,battered margacheato(thanks manny),and a b level crippled foreman proves the rest

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      canelo wins by tko, cotto hasnt beaten a prime,healthy, in shape fighter in a long long time. look at his last 10 fights and you will see how overrated he is. unless they are b level,over the hill, and crippled then you can bet on cotto. losses to manny,floyd,and trout prove one part,beating crippled bad knee martinez,b level rodriguez,2011 mayorga,battered margacheato(thanks manny),and a b level crippled foreman proves the rest

Comment

Here is what I think is going to happen:

Cotto gives Canelo a very good, close fight through 5-6 rounds. Fight would be close at the point, 4-2 Canelo, maybe 3-3. But in the 7th round+, Canelo's superior handspeed, power, and brutal combinations will start getting to Cotto. Cotto will start to box more and use his legs for the next 3-4 rounds, losing them all, while Canelo keeps on coming with those vicious body shots and head combos. 11-12th round, Cotto will need a KO to win, or score a couple of KD's each round; Which by then it will be evident that his punches don't connect as well as Canelo's, and the one's that he manages to land don't hurt Canelo as much, but they are respectable and eye-catching to the fans.

Verdict: Canelo will win 8-4 in the eyes of most fans. Scores will look something like 117-111, 116-112 2x for Canelo. Cotto loses handily and is asked by Kellermen if he thinks it's time to retire. Cotto says he'll speak to his family and make a decision, but that he's strongly considering retiring.

Canelo calls out Pacquiao (If Pac beats Algieri). If not, he says he'd fight anybody, and that GGG can get it. Fans burst to cheers at the mere mention of Golovkin's name as an opponent by Canelo.

The End.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
          Canelo by TKO or an easy decision
          War Canelo!!
          Bro,

I could believe a stoppage but an EASY decision..........over Cotto? Nah. Its not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Cotto gives Canelo a very good, close fight through 5-6 rounds. Fight would be close at the point, 4-2 Canelo, maybe 3-3. But in the 7th round+, Canelo's superior handspeed, power, and brutal combinations will start getting to Cotto. Cotto will start to box more and use his legs for the next 3-4 rounds, losing them all, while Canelo keeps on coming with those vicious body shots and head combos. 11-12th round, Cotto will need a KO to win, or score a couple of KD's each round; Which by then it will be evident that his punches don't connect as well as Canelo's, and the one's that he manages to land don't hurt Canelo as much, but they are respectable and eye-catching to the fans.

Verdict: Canelo will win 8-4 in the eyes of most fans. Scores will look something like 117-111, 116-112 2x for Canelo. Cotto loses handily and is asked by Kellermen if he thinks it's time to retire. Cotto says he'll speak to his family and make a decision, but that he's strongly considering retiring.

Canelo calls out Pacquiao (If Pac beats Algieri). If not, he says he'd fight anybody, and that GGG can get it. Fans burst to cheers at the mere mention of Golovkin's name as an opponent by Canelo.

The End.
            Cool story bro'!

Ill make sure Ill quote you once the fight is over...with Cotto stopping Canelo <10rds.

Comment

Canelo-Cotto prediction continued:

Boxingscene Aftermath:

Cotto fans claim a prime Cotto beats Canelo.

Anti-GBP fans cite the fights against Margarito(2008), Clottey, Pacquiao, Trout, Mayweather, and Margarito II to show how average Cotto really is. They will say Martinez was old and injured, Delvin Rodriguez is a C class fighter, and the Roach factor was just a product of good matchmaking rather than improvement. Canelo just beat up a shopworn Cotto who was a B+ fighter at his best and could never really beat elite fighters, and lost to non-HOF'ers like Margarito, and should have lost to a B fighter in Clottey.

Golovkin fans will run rampant on the forums for months, demanding Canelo to step up, stop with the gimme fights like Angulo and Cotto, and fight Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

The End.
                you know I don't agree with your brujeria prediction but it was clever tho

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                  Cool story bro'!

Ill make sure Ill quote you once the fight is over...with Cotto stopping Canelo <10rds.
                  I would say I will quote your post, but I am honestly too lazy for that. I've promised to quote posters in the past for failed predictions, they get it wrong and after the fight I no longer care/or forgot. Fine quote me, but bring my post up if Canelo wins also.

Comment

I think Alvarez's size and fast hands wear Cotto down and he takes a clear decision. His boxing skills are good enough to hang with Cotto and the damage he'll do will outweigh the damage Cotto does.

It's no sure thing, though. I'd call it 60-40 at the moment. I'm a little more confident than that, but Cotto deserves that much respect going in.

Comment

Mx vs. PR hurry up and make this happen. Canelo will retire cotto. nothing against cotto hes a good champ but time to pass the torch

Comment

Working...
                      X