Where is MMA legal-in what states?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is MMA legal-in what states?

Which states allow MMA?
    I thought it was illegal in Mo but I see they're having a show in KC. Anyone know where there's a list of states that allow mma shows?

Is it legal in your state?

Even in states where it is illegal many shows are just held on native reserves. I believe it is illegal in North Dakota. As for Canada it is illegal in BC, Ontario and Manitoba and legal in Alberta and Quebec as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFighter
      Even in states where it is illegal many shows are just held on native reserves. I believe it is illegal in North Dakota. As for Canada it is illegal in BC, Ontario and Manitoba and legal in Alberta and Quebec as far as I know.
      Yeah there are several states where MMA is illegal. The biggest one that comes to mind is New York. However, N.Y is an extreme case as they even outlawed chinese martial arts and BJJ competitions (not directly, but thier archaic laws did so anyway). New York is really behind the times in martial arts laws. Its a shame that the two states with the best schools, New York and California, aren't allowed to hold MMA event unless its on a native reserve.

Comment

Illegal in CT, except for Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun Indian Reservations

Comment

Illegal here, except for Indian reservations.....

Comment

In Hawaii, it is legal. I believe that there is no fighting commission like boxing to regulate what is legal and what is not.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Legal is Spain but not popular....

Comment

What Kaps said.

Comment

Legal in New Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                    X