Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin won clearly for me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted GGG to win, but it was a close fight once again and I have to give props to Canelo. He fought well enough and won the fight.

Comment

GGG tried to go the body a few times, but Canelo beat him to the punch and counter with his own body punches. GGG is too limited as a boxer. As Floyd once said, he has no “special effects”. He fought well behind his jab, but he couldn’t set traps or use feints to take full advantage of his reach. I don’t think they should fight for a third time. It’ll be the same outcome. GGG is too slow and limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        I wanted GGG to win, but it was a close fight once again and I have to give props to Canelo. He fought well enough and won the fight.
        That all these “big” ppv fights are BS! We all knew before the first fight that there was going to be a second and possibly a third fight between these two. The whole fight card on Saturday night sucked! I seen better and more competitive fights on ESPN Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          GGG tried to go the body a few times, but Canelo beat him to the punch and counter with his own body punches. GGG is too limited as a boxer. As Floyd once said, he has no “special effects”. He fought well behind his jab, but he couldn’t set traps or use feints to take full advantage of his reach. I don’t think they should fight for a third time. It’ll be the same outcome. GGG is too slow and limited.
          Golovkin landed like less than 20 body punches across both fights.

Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Crazy.
            Yep. It's hard to imagine considered that he's arguably one of the top 3 best body punchers in boxing today, but he had no choice but to fight Canelo's fight in both fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Crazy.
              More like stupidity and I'm a fan.

Comment

Working...
              X