Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are the Black Democrats That Won't Discuss Inner City Murders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Either way it got there, the black politicians didn't applaud when the fact that black unemployment (for whatever reason) is at record lows.

If you keep making excuses for them, they won't ever change. And if they don't change, and their constituents don't change, you're going to keep on burying and locking up alot of young blacks.

Snark or solutions? Which way do you want this to go......

This is bullet points from the letter that they sent to Trump:

1. Great Education through School Choice.
    2. Safe Communities.
    3. Equal Justice Under the Law
    4. Tax Reforms to Create Jobs and Lift up People and Communities.
    5. Financial Reforms to Expand Credit to Support New Job Creation.
    6. Trade That Works for American Workers.
    7. Protection from Illegal Immigration.
    8. New Infrastructure Investment.
    9. Protect the African-American Church.
    10. America First Foreign Policy.

You're worried about them applauding something that evidence points to Trump had very little to do with. What has applaud accomplished. Take a look at the issues that they wanted to discuss.

Why would they applaud Trump on the heels of his shlthole country comment. How do you thin the CBC should respond to that?

Comment

I've already told you I'm not assigning blame, I'm discussing solutions.

Feel free to comment on the solutions I offered up, and to post any of your own.
      You're presenting a solution to a problem that was not posed by me here.

But if you'd like me to comment on your solution, yes, we should tell people to take care of their communities and their kids.

Should we make a public service announcement about that? Seems quite easy if that is the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        This is bullet points from the letter that they sent to Trump:

1. Great Education through School Choice.
        2. Safe Communities.
        3. Equal Justice Under the Law
        4. Tax Reforms to Create Jobs and Lift up People and Communities.
        5. Financial Reforms to Expand Credit to Support New Job Creation.
        6. Trade That Works for American Workers.
        7. Protection from Illegal Immigration.
        8. New Infrastructure Investment.
        9. Protect the African-American Church.
        10. America First Foreign Policy.
        Even though you're still trying to argue blame, you do realize the Democrats, who the CBC caucuses with, vehemently oppose school choice and voucher programs, don't you??

You're worried about them applauding something that evidence points to Trump had very little to do with. What has applaud accomplished. Take a look at the issues that they wanted to discuss.
        I'm not worried about it. I'm quite happy they did it. They showed themselves for what they are.

And please keep up here. I've explained how Trump's policies have effected GDP and thus job growth. I don't deal with folks who engage in denial and attrition tactics. It's highly annoying.

It's a minor point anyway, as I said earlier it really doesn't matter how the number got there, the point is the CBC didn't applaud record black unemployment.

Comment

You're presenting a solution to a problem that was not posed by me here.
          Look at the title of the thread.....

But if you'd like me to comment on your solution, yes, we should tell people to take care of their communities and their kids.
          Glad we agree.

Can you cite any CBC member saying that to a group of their constituents?

Should we make a public service announcement about that? Seems quite easy if that is the solution.
          No, that typically doesn't work .We've been running anti-drug service announcements since I've been alive, and drugs are still rampant as ever.

That's where the stop making excuses for them part comes in.

Unfortunately, the CBC is 180 backwards on this one.

Comment

Even though you're still trying to argue blame, you do realize the Democrats, who the CBC caucuses with, vehemently oppose school choice and voucher programs, don't you??
            What do you mean I'm trying to argue blame? I haven't blamed anyone in this thread. I simply asked who are the black democrats who refuse to talk about violence in the inner cities. That's the one question that I've had here, and I haven't gotten a response to.

I'm not worried about it. I'm quite happy they did it. They showed themselves for what they are.

And please keep up here. I've explained how Trump's policies have effected GDP and thus job growth. I don't deal with folks who engage in denial and attrition tactics. It's highly annoying.

It's a minor point anyway, as I said earlier it really doesn't matter how the number got there, the point is the CBC didn't applaud record black unemployment.
            This isn't a hard concept to understand. Not clapping had nothing to do with not being happy about lower black unemployment, something that I've already shown had very little to nothing to do with Trump. Do I need to post the info. about this again?

“From January to December 2017, the unemployment rate among black Americans fell 1 percentage point,” Bump explains. “During the same period in 2016, it fell the same amount. In 2015, it fell 1.9 points. The previous year, it fell 1.5 points. The year before that, it fell 1.8 points.”

You apparently don't want to understand the reason that they didn't applaud him. I sent you an article about it, and you just dismissed it, so what are you hoping to accomplish here?

Comment

What do you mean I'm trying to argue blame? I haven't blamed anyone in this thread. I simply asked who are the black democrats who refuse to talk about violence in the inner cities. That's the one question that I've had here, and I haven't gotten a response to.
              That's the blaming nonsense I'm speaking of!!

Let's move on to solutions sometime tonight.

This isn't a hard concept to understand. Not clapping had nothing to do with not being happy about lower black unemployment, something that I've already shown had very little to nothing to do with Trump. Do I need to post the info. about this again?
              Fine. You let your politicians act like this. I'm sure it looks great to those moderate/independent voters both parties need to win elections.

You apparently don't want to understand the reason that they didn't applaud him. I sent you an article about it, and you just dismissed it, so what are you hoping to accomplish here?
              I know the reason. They've said it.

They are "resisting" as they promised they'd do.

Your article was excuses, I said that.

It's getting annoying you're locking on to things and not keeping up that I've already addressed them.

You've not addressed what I said about school choice. Can you please do that? I think that would be a big help to the parents in inner city neighborhoods who value, but can't afford, a proper education for their kids.

Comment

Has any member of the CBC ever introduced or sponsored a school choice bill?

Comment

Look at the title of the thread.....

Glad we agree.

Can you cite any CBC member saying that to a group of their constituents?
                  Wouldn't these things be obvious? Here is a 125 page pamphlet from the CBC about black familes.

https://cbc.house.gov/uploadedfiles/...to_lose_v5.pdf

Should I go and look up each individual member to see if they've ever talked about children being born out of wedlock or cleaning up their communities.

One of the members was know to chase criminals in his own damn city.

Newark Mayor Chases Suspect, but His Guards Make the Grab

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/14/ny.../14booker.html
                  Does that qualify as him feeling responsible for cleaning up his city?

No, that typically doesn't work .We've been running anti-drug service announcements since I've been alive, and drugs are still rampant as ever.

That's where the stop making excuses for them part comes in.

Unfortunately, the CBC is 180 backwards on this one.

So then what is it exactly that you are asking them to do?

Comment

Has any member of the CBC ever introduced or sponsored a school choice bill?
                    I don't know, and I'm not sure what the point of this is? Do you want to read what the letter says about this? Here:

“1. Great Education through School Choice. We will allow every disadvantaged child in America to attend the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. School choice is the great civil rights issue of our time, and Donald Trump will be the nation’s biggest cheerleader for school choice in all 50 states. We will also ensure funding for Historic Black Colleges and Universities, more affordable 2 and 4-year college, and support for trade and vocational education.” Conversations around education reform and “school choice” often ignore the conditions outside the classroom that contribute to a student’s performance. It is not enough to adjust a curriculum if we do not also address student hunger and account for parents having to work 2 or 3 jobs simply to make ends meet. Rather than address these interconnected barriers to academic achievement, your plan would strip away $20 billion in funding from public schools in order to create the largest private school voucher program in American history. The CBC supports access to good schools in all forms. However, simply shifting students from public to private schools does not ensure a quality education. A study into academic achievement of students in the Louisiana Scholarship Program, the largest existing voucher program, found a significant negative impact of voucher participation for math, reading, science, and social studies scores. Voucher programs in Milwaukee, Cleveland and Washington, D.C., have not resulted in any significant score difference between voucher and non-voucher students. Rather than diverting resources away from already under-resourced schools in pursuit of failed policies, the CBC would urge you to support methods that have been proven effective. Furthermore, HBCUs play an indispensable role in training African-American professionals that work, live, and serve in communities across the nation. These institutions are indispensable to our communities, and it is not enough to simply promise to “ensure funding”. You must back up that promise by providing HBCUs the support and resources necessary to carry out their critical mission. If you want to make real progress towards improving educational outcomes for African-Americans, you should embrace the policies laid out by Ranking Member Bobby Scott in the Opening Doors for Youth Act of 2016 and Rep. Marcia Fudge in the Core Opportunity Resources for Equity and Excellence Act of 2015

I don't see what your problem with this is, or why it's even deflected to by you. I thought my OP was very specific and clear.
                    Last edited by travestyny; 02-16-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Travestny TKO1 over 1bad65

Wasn't even close

Comment

Working...
                      X