Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Deontay Wilder Has 2 or 3 Years Left in Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umop-ap!sdn View Post
    First off, the fact that AJ is thinking and talking about when Wilder will retire says a LOT.

Secondly AJ demanding that any HW has to beat him twice to be considered the best says even more.

The thought of a loss and a rematch to redeem yourself speaks to a lack of confidemce in oneself. He shouldnt think about being beat once let alone twice. He should be of the mindset that he needs no rematch clause because hes going to get the W. Not presetting himself up for failure by stressing the need for a rematch "just in case". There should be no just in case. Go in ready to win or die and dont give yourself the comfort of knowing u can just give up if you are losing because you have that rematch as insurance. Not saying dont get a rematch clause but stop talking about it as if its a tool you have. Should be an afterthought.
    Beating Joshua twice says Joshua being the A side gets a rematch clause so you have to beat him twice. It's simple to understand unless you're a complete idiot. So congratulations.

It has nothing to do with confidence, just a statement of fact. Joshua even says in the piece that if Wilder believes he can beat him, come and get it. Simple really.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      You cannot be serious with this post.
      It’s based on FACTS. What’s wrong with the post. Name (1) thing I said that was unfactual. I will wait for you. Don’t give me theories or stuff that isn’t based on facts based on what I said. Again, FACTS ONLY, NOT OPINIONS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Doesn't matter, what Barry says has nothing to do with Joshua.
        I wouldn't go that far. He's the kingpin of this whole operation. Eddie is just the boxing guy ain't he? And he surely listens to his dad still. He surely seems like he's listening to someone with Joshua that he's not been listening to with the rest of Matchroom. I think Joshua is too big of a thing for Eddie to risk looking like a dummy if this Joshua thing goes south.

And yes, the fight will happen when Wilder stops pricing himself out. It's delusional to think he's worth half of the money. He can't sell tickets, and outside of Fury, Whyte and Joshua he isn't making more than he usually does. To think otherwise is deranged.
        To think this isn't a huge fight is delusional & both sides need to make concessions with deals like this. Right now Hearn is trying to go low & obviously Wilder is going high. Thats how this sh^t works. To say one side is bad for asking for a big money & the other side if good for offering low money is biased. But this is how deals get made eventually cuz both sides need each other to make the biggest HW fight & biggest payday either guy can get right now.

That said its all up in the air already cuz it wouldn't shock me at all if both guys lose their next fights (for full disclosure I favor both to win, but I think there is solid upset potential in both of their next fights) & like I said I fully expect one or both to have lost a fight by 2020 so the fight isn't happening as the biggest anything I don't think.

Comment

I'm not surprised you'd question Joshua's resume, you Americans are crazy like that. Joshua has taken the correct steps thus far in his career. I mean, how many Heavyweights in history have this type of resume after 21 fights? Exactly!

Wilder beat Stiverne who fought for a vacant title against a bum in Arreola. Please don't make that win to be anything it's not, it's silly. None of the other fighters were ranked in the top 10, so stop with the lies, yeah. Joshua has a much better resume. To pretend otherwise is stupid. Wlad was still the number 1 in the division after Fury stepped out. Anyone with a brain agrees. To try and claim a load of bums are better than who Joshua has fought is nothing but madness. So yeah, I think you should go home. It's for the best. You sound like an idiot.
          YOU are an idiot along with the rest of your family; with your dumb ass “knee jerk” boxing posts. Make some sense sometimes ******ed sh@t head-LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vae Victis View Post
            Sid-Knee, You and I see this from opposing viewpoints, and I respect your opinion; however, as I've stated on previous threads, I cannot see how AJ can possibly survive Wilder's punching power. Now if they ever fight, AJ may well prove me to be wrong; however, I'll have to see it to believe it. And I think that any fight will be a very long time coming (if ever). AJ simply doesn't want to find out how life changing Wilder's power is. And I know that I would not either. I just had a close relative die from what everybody believed to be a minor head injury. My neighbor's ex had a minor head injury just last month, and he'll never be coherent again. My brother-in-law recently had a classmate who received a "bump" on the head and he also died from it. So what I'm saying is that getting tagged (repeatedly) by Wilder's power isn't a joke, and unfortunately, I fully expect that someday some opponent of his will wind up like Magomed Abdusalamov or perhaps even die from blows received in the ring. And I believe that this is a realistic concern of AJ as well as Eddie Hearn. Right now they know that AJ isn't ready to face Wilder - hence no fight. AJ's defense certainly won't keep Wilder from teeing off on AJ, and his offense isn't going to prevent it either. And until AJ and company find a way to change that, there will be no fight between AJ and Wilder. Presently it appears that Eddie Hearn is stalling for time to let Wilder grow old or get injured or even retire. Just keep pushing that fight further back - any excuse will do. Now that's my take, and if Wilder beats Fury and Hearn doesn't actively pursue (under honorable terms - not insulting terms) a 2019 fight with Wilder, then my suspicions will be confirmed. And if I'm wrong, then we will all be happy as the fight will be made.
            Bums last until late in the fight, so I can see the best at the weight doing a lot more than that. Hoping for punching power to get the job done against a much better technical fighter with power of his own mostly ends in failure. It will here as well. People never learn.

Joshua doesn't want to find out about Wilder's power even though he's calling him out for the April date? Oh right. Wilder is the one who is stalling by asking for half the money even though he brings nothing to the table. He can't sell tickets to save his life. And gets paid nowhere neat to what Joshua does. The only way he gets paid is with the right dance partner. Outside of Fury, Whyte and Joshua, Wilder keeps getting paid around the 2 mill mark.

No one has died against Wilder so stop being so bombastic. Jeez!

The fight will happen in the next year, IF Wilder stops with his Ludacris demands. B sides don't get rematch clauses, it's never happened before. And he isn't getting 50% when he brings nothing to the table. When Wilder sees sense, then we'll get the fight. But don't hold your breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              So to beat AJ you actually have to beat him twice.
              Straight out of the horses mouth ladies and gents.
              No, it's from hearn's mouth and is just being parroted by aj. But for real, who wouldn't want a rematch with him? That's where the money is in the division.

Comment

I'm not surprised you'd question Joshua's resume, you Americans are crazy like that. Joshua has taken the correct steps thus far in his career. I mean, how many Heavyweights in history have this type of resume after 21 fights? Exactly!

Wilder beat Stiverne who fought for a vacant title against a bum in Arreola. Please don't make that win to be anything it's not, it's silly. None of the other fighters were ranked in the top 10, so stop with the lies, yeah. Joshua has a much better resume. To pretend otherwise is stupid. Wlad was still the number 1 in the division after Fury stepped out. Anyone with a brain agrees. To try and claim a load of bums are better than who Joshua has fought is nothing but madness. So yeah, I think you should go home. It's for the best. You sound like an idiot.
                21 fights and his claim to fame is a win against a fighter that was 41 years old and inactive for almost 2 years. And average and over rated fighters Parker, Takam, Breazeale and Whyte when he fought them. I only deal with facts. There has been NO ONE on his resume that was ranked higher than Ortiz except for the upcoming fight with Povetkin. These are the FACTS! Stop giving idiot opinions-LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
                  YOU are an idiot along with the rest of your family; with your dumb ass “knee jerk” boxing posts. Make some sense sometimes ******ed sh@t head-LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!
                  I am the one making sense you dribbling buffoon. You're the one who is out of their depth. So if you haven't got anything to say that isn't beyond ******ed please refrain from posting because you're making this place look ugly. Just like you are inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
                    21 fights and his claim to fame is a win against a fighter that was 41 years old and inactive for almost 2 years. And average and over rated fighters Parker, Takam, Breazeale and Whyte when he fought them. I only deal with facts. There has been NO ONE on his resume that was ranked higher than Ortiz except for the upcoming fight with Povetkin. These are the FACTS! Stop giving idiot opinions-LOL!
                    Yeah, you should get some help. A psychiatrist would be the obvious choice. But considering how far gone you are, I don't think it will help. But at least give it a go for the first time in your worthless life.

Comment

I am the one making sense you dribbling buffoon. You're the one who is out of their depth. So if you haven't got anything to say that isn't beyond ******ed please refrain from posting because you're making this place look ugly. Just like you are inside.

Ok, I will leave you alone after you answer (5) questions.

1. Who on Joshua’s resume was ranked by any governing body when he fought them, higher than Ortiz?

2. What was Breazeale & Whyte ranked WHEN Joshua fought them in that year?

3. What was Wladimir’s ranking when Joshua fought him by any governing body?

4. How many fighters did Joshua fight that were ranked in the top ten WHEN he fought them and how many did Wilder fight that were ranked in the top ten when he fought them. Feel free to use ESPN, Ring Magazine, WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, & IBO, for Joshua & Wilder.

5. I joined in 2010 and you joined in 2015. But you have over 4,000 posts with only a 14 reputation. So why is my reputation 10 with only around 700 posts if you know so much about boxing? Points are given here by co-boxing fans to each other for posts here.

Comment

Working...
                      X