No announcement yet.

Mayweather would also beat A Prime Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    I have said it like 10 million times here. Duran was in the Dominican R doing shows on tv with a Salsa band and doing girls and not training for that fight. HE was there a few weeks before that fight.

Stop talking out of your a s s e s

Ahhh, how do I know, because I was there.
    Bull crap. Duran never got started in that fight. Stamina wasn't an issue at all. I have no axe to grind. Duran is my favorite fighter followed closely by Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      I have said it like 10 million times here. Duran was in the Dominican R doing shows on tv with a Salsa band and doing girls and not training for that fight. HE was there a few weeks before that fight.

Stop talking out of your a s s e s

Ahhh, how do I know, because I was there.
      To be honest, Hearns was going to be a bad match up for Duran even at his best. Duran fought Hagler/SRL very well, but Hearns size/reach/right hand was a nightmare for Duran.

Comment

Duran at his best would beat Floyd in a close fight at 135 and 147.

Comment

duran is one of very few fighters i'd pick to beat floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            No, I mean better chance against Duran than he would against Hearns or SRL.
            OK got you. Tommy would be a nightmare for Floyd. Floyds reach advantage would be gone. Tommy had an incredible jab huge power and had very fast hands. He's never been outboxed as far as I know. Beat a defensive wizard in Benitez. He could be hurt but not sure Floyd could exploit that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              OK got you. Tommy would be a nightmare for Floyd. Floyds reach advantage would be gone. Tommy had an incredible jab huge power and had very fast hands. He's never been outboxed as far as I know. Beat a defensive wizard in Benitez. He could be hurt but not sure Floyd could exploit that.
              Agreed, Floyd gets stopped if he tries to win that and loses a decision if he is ultra defensive and just wants to see the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                The guy that fought Castillo at lightweight huh? Same Style Floyd really lost that fight , but we all know. Duran was a monster at 135 dude.
                Duran loss to less talented fighters than Floyd. Duran lost to some guys named Kirkland Laning and Estaban Dejesus

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Duran loss to less talented fighters than Floyd. Duran lost to some guys named Kirkland Laning and Estaban Dejesus
                  Floyd doesnt punch like Leonard or Hearns how is he going to keep him off with one right hand potshot every 20 seconds really?

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    Floyd doesnt punch like Leonard or Hearns how is he going to keep him off with one right hand potshot every 20 seconds really?
                    You must have just started watching boxing when he was Money Mayweather....

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Agreed, Floyd gets stopped if he tries to win that and loses a decision if he is ultra defensive and just wants to see the final bell.
                      Good observation.The ultra defensive mode didn't work too well for Benitez in his fight with Hearns but it beats getting KO'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X