Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the NSB consensus on Luis Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's good, but some of his recent performances show him to be mortal. Went 12 with Scott, same guy that wilder knocked out in 1. Took too long with his last 2 opponents, which are complete bums below journeyman level.

Comment

I admit I'm a fan of both fighters. The problem with Ortiz is with punches thrown! He does not throw many.

But truth be told when he lands its a muther f****ker. I give him 5-6 rounds if he can land one and one is all he needs.

After that Wilder wins a decision.

Comment

Definitely a top 5 heavyweight. Better than belt holder Joseph Parker. The best opponent for Wilder so far.

This fight will show if Wilder is just hype or a legit true heavyweight champ.

Comment

The truth is we don't really know yet. He's dealt with everyone he's faced quite comfortably but is still untested like wilder. I think he is very good personally and wilder earns respect if he deals with him.

Comment

At his best, he's among the top three Heavyweights in the world. At his scientific best he's damn good. I rate him as number one; Given his fundamentals and amateur pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              He's at worst #3 or 4 in the division. He's a legit opponent.
              Basically this, he’s not athletically gifted but is strong, has decent power and is maybe the most technical of the heavyweights. He is possibly old AF but that can’t ever be proved.

Comment

#3 or #4 heavyweight in the world.. southpaw and an accurate hard hitting counter puncher. wilder better keep it long range. lets just say this fight will reveal the level wilder is at. if he wins clearly he will deserve respect

Comment

Solidifies Wilder as the no.2 Heavyweight if he wins

and makes the Joshua/Wilder fight much more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    All of the world's leading experts have him in the top 5, and frankly, most of them have him in the top 3 or 4.

NSB agreed completely when they thought Wilder was avoiding him. As soon as Wilder agreed to fight him, suddenly Ortiz was 130 years old, over the hill, slow, a bum, etc.
                    ESPN have him at no.4, RING at no.5, TBRB don’t rate him due to inactivity

So really, you aren’t far off. But Parker is almost universally ranked no.3. Joshua is always keeping that one step ahead of Wilder. But this Ortiz win definitely makes the fight much better on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      I happen to think he’s damn good. Too 5 HW, Imo.

What does NSB think though??
                      GOAT.

Too old. If he’d gotten started earlier, he’d be an absolute beast. Very good pro style even as an am, so it’s a pity he’s just reaching the top so late.

Comment

Working...
                      X