Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turns Out Rocky Marciano Fought Pro Fights As "Rocky Mack" Real Record Is 54-0!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns Out Rocky Marciano Fought Pro Fights As "Rocky Mack" Real Record Is 54-0!!!!

Some troll/alt named travestyny that just ducked a fight with ironmt and in his excuses and rhetoric he started using The GREAT Rocky Marciano's name as an example of why he didn't think it was fair to face ironmt this weekend because of what Marciano did to Joe Louis.

As I was doing research, I found out that Marciano actually fought professionally under then name "Rocky Mack" AND WON 5 PRO FIGHTS!!!! They say it was 1 fight butI found that even though he was still an amateur and was beating the amateurs he fought he was moonlighting for extra cash as a professional.

This kind of clouds Rocky's amateur fights because once you fight Pro you lose your amateur status, meaning any fights he had as an amateur after the Rocky Mack pro fights are void and do not count.

This does however change Rocky's record! Looks like Rocky is STILL the holder of the GREATEST professional record of all time at 54-0.

Guess Floyd is going to have to find five NBA players that are 5'3 or so if he wants to compete with Marciano's UNTOUCHABLE professional record!

Last edited by Lou Cipher; 12-01-2017, 01:58 PM.

I still consider Finito Lopez the holder of the "record" since he was 51-0 (sure their was a technical draw in a fight ended by an injury in 7 rounds which he won the immediate re-match which went 12) until there's other proof. Moonsri is 49-0 now and will obviously own the record soon.

But I don't take much stock in the "record". Chavez went to 87-0 and I believe Jimmy Wilde went 97-0 with some draws. Olivares was 68-0 etc; there's plenty. Also, "record" runs like Robinson and Pep having 90 fight streaks after non-title fight losses where they jumped up and gave 10-15 lbs to HOF champs.

Rocky was good though no doubt. Shame he has been ridiculed by the folks that love Wilder for so long and that an unbeaten record means everything in boxing apart from him. Shame on them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I still consider Finito Lopez the holder of the "record" since he was 51-0 (sure their was a technical draw in a fight ended by an injury in 7 rounds which he won the immediate re-match which went 12) until there's other proof. Moonsri is 49-0 now and will obviously own the record soon.

But I don't take much stock in the "record". Chavez went to 87-0 and I believe Jimmy Wilde went 97-0 with some draws. Olivares was 68-0 etc; there's plenty. Also, "record" runs like Robinson and Pep having 90 fight streaks after non-title fight losses where they jumped up and gave 10-15 lbs to HOF champs.

Rocky was good though no doubt. Shame he has been ridiculed by the folks that love Wilder for so long and that an unbeaten record means everything in boxing apart from him. Shame on them.
      HE WAS A BEAST! El Bufalo Rosendo Alvarez came into my gym to train for opne of their fights. The one where Finito got dropped. Rosendo could hit a veanybag and send it up into a 45 degree angle. Never seen someone so small hit so hard.

Comment

Cousin just told me its in his book that he used fake names early on in his career

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Cousin just told me its in his book that he used fake names early on in his career
          Im on Amazon right now ordering this book. Can't believe I didn't know about this

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            HE WAS A BEAST! El Bufalo Rosendo Alvarez came into my gym to train for opne of their fights. The one where Finito got dropped. Rosendo could hit a veanybag and send it up into a 45 degree angle. Never seen someone so small hit so hard.
            Lopez showed his greatness in fight II. Gave up his home field advantage (fight I was in D.F) and Alvarez came in over 8 lbs over the limit and Finito stood and fought him the whole way. Got his face busted up by got a well deserved decision in a great, great fight.

He looked sensational in his last 2-3 fights also. Too bad King had him fighting only once a year at that point. He really could have gone for 3-4 more years at that level.

Comment

Looking at it now, Marciano fought as Rocky Mack before he ever fought an amateur fight. This means none of Rocky's so-called amateur losses count!!!!!

This is the greatest day in History. Rocky Marciano is officially unbeaten in either professional OR Amateur Boxing!

Now people like travestyny can be proud that Joe Louis was savagely destroyed by Marciano and forced into early retirement because this all happened at the hands of a fighter who's never lost anything but unofficial exhibition decisions!!!!

Comment

Actually yes there were more names. Rocky might be 60 or 70 and 0!!!

He beat the greatest fighters of his era and some when he was already past his prime like when he destroyed Joe Louis and forced him into an early retirement.

Give me a few days and I will have all the information

Comment

I like how everyone ignores Chavez 87 fight win streak

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    I like how everyone ignores Chavez 87 fight win streak
                    No it was great but in the end he lost so it ruined it. Even the Mayweathers acknowledge JC Superstar's unmatched skills. He just got old. Same thing will happen to Mayweather. He will keep coming back until someone KO's him and the refs and judges cant bail him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X