Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather Have Any Flaws in His Game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    Exactly, when you beat the guys he beat over 20yrs you gotta be special in terms of adaption to what they bring, its tough at the top of boxing and the fights are 12 rounds if you add up the numbers he won it was something like 500 rounds and lost about 40 rounds.

Floyds numbers and I mean all numbers from dollars to punch stats, nobody in the history of boxing comes close to his numbers and stats .

Fellas you can hate on this man all you want, you can try and belittle everything he did all you want, but to deny his ability inside a boxing ring is just straight up denial of a great fighter.

Floyds greatest asset is his control of distance and his spacial awareness, that awareness was never more evident than when he got clobbered by Mosley, that punch would have dropped so many fighters its not funny, some of them would have not got up, Floyd was in such control of the situation for being so hurt it really showed me what he has on the inside when looking at that dark place fighters go too.

His distance setting is a joy to watch, the jab to the belly was his main distance setter and it also stopped a fighters rhythm in their tracks, it fkd Hattons game completely, Floyd could fight very long for his size or in a phone booth and was just a master of upsetting a fighters rhythm he could do it from near any position, a master boxer! The trainers and fighters know it because they can see the master in his boxing,most fans dont see half of it.

Floyd was complete, his inside game was as good as his outside game, he was a great body puncher, he was great at tying guys up and he was great at punching short with uppercuts and rips, this why Hatton and Maidana smothered their own punches, because they were being caught every time they allowed punching room, they fcked their own game because Floyd was adapting to them and making them work while he is getting ready for the moment the bull-rush stops then he goes to work.

There are 2 types of power punches, thudding like GGG and ones that crack like a small caliber bullet, Floyd had that cracking punch it was sharp and carried enough pop to stop great fighters from just walking through him, thats all it had to do, add to that Floyd proved to have a rock solid chin so even if you got something solid in he could take it and then he just goes back to dissecting you.

Did Floyd have flaws he is human he has to have flaws, but when you can take a mistake and turn it into a win mid flight it puts you in another league where adaptions that succeed have no flaws, adaption only has methods.

"Floyd was in such control of the situation for being so hurt it really showed me what he has on the inside when looking at that dark place fighters go too."

Is that you teddy atlas? Regardless great post.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
      Why does McGregor count?

Err, a boxer whose hands are down after a hug and looking at the ref after he was hit then hit again counts as sucker punch.
      Yeah agreed on both accounts. I was responding to the other post saying that McGregor does not count, and that Ortiz does not count as well...I the other post had counted Ortiz as a Knockout and said that McGregor managed to go the distance with Floyd, so I made the point that McGregor was carried by Floyd and that Ortiz was not a legitimate KO. So I think we are on the same page.

Comment

Working...
      X