Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-30-2018, 08:46 PM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Patsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nice
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 7,339.00
one of our finest - __________ 

This is sad news to me as well and I to will miss the voices. Despite their critics they really did do a nice and I am sad to HBO leave boxzing. This article brought back memories. Thank you to the entire HBO boxing staff and production team for 40 years of greatness.
Patsfan bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM #52
Interim Champion

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
JuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond reputeJuniorTorres720 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,588.00

Yup. HBO's commentary was different and unique. It invited you into a story. It got you emotionally invested while still focusing on the punches. But they did an exceptional job in presenting fighters and fights. I'm going to miss HBO Boxing and the content it produced such as 24/7 and Face-Off. It was my favorite boxing network because it was classy, its video quality, commentary, its whole package was top notch. Gonna miss you HBO Boxing.
JuniorTorres720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:07 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Sosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond reputeSosay has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,008.00

I actually liked their crew besides Merchant. He wasnt professional and spoke with his emotions. Too biased for me.
Sosay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:44 PM #54
Interim Champion

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
PBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 6,517.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
Roy would be perfect for DAZN (HOPEFULLY ISN'T TOO LATE TO GET RID OF RAY LEONARD!), Max should replace Kriegel (Who is poor men's Max Kellerman anyway) on ESPN, where he works anyway.
Can't agree with this more. Ray was a helluva fighter but I think he's absolutely wretched as commentator for fights, whatever he says seems to be the absolute opposite of what is going on. Roy has a folksy wisdom to his commentary, it may not be apparently or obvious but he usually is very wise in his analysis. I've heard Roy say a fight was over and declare the ultimate victor in the middle of a competitive 1st round. Sure enough, rounds later his prophecy proves correct.

As for Max and Kriegel, also agree. Kriegel just comes off as trying to be too wise or literary in his analysis. Max seems to have a more legitimate passion and knowledge of the sport.
PBR Streetgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:55 PM #55
Interim Champion

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
PBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to beholdPBR Streetgang is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 6,517.00

Well, I will be cancelling my HBO. Only thing I watch are series like Game of Thrones and boxing on HBO. It's a shame, I grew up watching both Showtime and HBO boxing.

I ditched my friend's wedding reception to watch Lewis and Klitschko throw bombs at each other in Lennox's last fight.

So many Arturo Gatti and Angel Manfredy memories on HBO. Going back further I remember rooting for Oba Carr fight the elite 147lbers only to end up disappointed with the result.

I will miss you HBO.
PBR Streetgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 AM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5498 Post(s)
j.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 20,067.66
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalkr View Post
Lampley & Lederman will be missed. Max & Roy not so much. Would be great if Lampley replaced Mauro on Showtime. THAT would be a great lineup.
You like the 2 most bias & you don't like the 2 that are more level....LMMFAO! Goes to show....
j.razor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM #57
Undisputed Champion

j.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
I will only miss Jim Lampley. Larry Merchant was already gone. Max Kellerman and Roy Jones are biased and horrible anyway. Andre Ward is a joke. B-Hop doesn't say much. FK HBO. I'm glad Feminism took down that biased commentary team anyway.

Boxing should be on free tv!
You like the worst one of all of them & call the BEST one of all of them a joke....LMMFAO!

HOLD THIS
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 AM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
I ll really miss Lampley. I hope he does a show from time to time on other networks
You dudes are out your minds.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:18 AM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavi521 View Post
Downfall of HBO was when they were paying Berto over a million to fight Miguel Angel Rodriguez
No, when T.B.E. left.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:19 AM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcphilly84 View Post
What a great article - the best so far about the loss of HBO. Showtime and ESPN are putting out better, more consistent fights, though no one has the voices of Lampley, Kellerman or Lederman. I hope to see these three commentating somewhere else in the future.
Hell NO! They suck.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List