Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 09-29-2018, 05:15 PM #1
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16450 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,850,156,062,631,622,868,992.00
Total Points: 125,438,858,573,060,918,738,944.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Default What are some of the best full boxing cards in boxing history

Obviously boxing has had a bunch of great matchups & fights in its history. But what are some of the best full cards in boxing history.

And for full clarification I mean the main event is good to great, the co-main was good to great, the 3rd featured fight was good at least, the 4th billing fight was solid at least & so on down the line. And if we can get that far down the 8th or beyond fights had some good matchups or future good to great fighters or solid prospects of the day.

Fights coulda been garbage as played out. Not really talking about the entertainment value of the fights as the boxers fought them, just talking about the matchups going on & the appearance of excitement, hype or a competitive matchup going in.

And if you are a serious boxing history dork feel free to throw out the best cards, in your opinion, decade by decade.

And feel free to link or screenshot the boxrec event page.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-29-2018, 08:45 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
millcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond reputemillcitymauler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,057,388.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Obviously boxing has had a bunch of great matchups & fights in its history. But what are some of the best full cards in boxing history.

And for full clarification I mean the main event is good to great, the co-main was good to great, the 3rd featured fight was good at least, the 4th billing fight was solid at least & so on down the line. And if we can get that far down the 8th or beyond fights had some good matchups or future good to great fighters or solid prospects of the day.

Fights coulda been garbage as played out. Not really talking about the entertainment value of the fights as the boxers fought them, just talking about the matchups going on & the appearance of excitement, hype or a competitive matchup going in.

And if you are a serious boxing history dork feel free to throw out the best cards, in your opinion, decade by decade.

And feel free to link or screenshot the boxrec event page.
I was at the first DeLaHoya - Mosley fight at Staples Center... Diego Corrales - Justin Juuko - Erik Morales and a couple more I can't recall. That was a pretty good card, with what turned out to be an an time classic main event.
millcitymauler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:52 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3703 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,212.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

The card for Tyson-Holyfield 1 was pretty solid.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:59 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,073,036,311,083.20
Total Points: 100,001,193,151,610,048.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
The card for Tyson-Holyfield 1 was pretty solid.
Oh yeah. Christy Martin TKO'd Bethany Payne after she staggered her, I saw that on PPV. The Andrea Deshong TKO I watched years later, Martin got some nice exposure being on the undercard of both Holyfield/Tyson fights.

The other ones they aired were Michael Moorer getting a last round TKO over Francois Botha and Henry Akinwande with a 10th round TKO over Alexander Zolkin to retain the then minor WBO heavyweight title. Henry should've been able to outjab anybody with his very long reach, but Lennox Lewis was too strong for him once Henry tasted Lennox's power years later.

It must be tiring to have to sit through at least 9 to 11 other fights live before getting to a main event. Cool thing about an MMA card is you get to see the ones not televised online or on DVD and see every fight on the card. Boxing should start to do that if they want to bring in more casuals. Have an all boxing channel, maybe a website where you can watch the full card so we can see some of these future stars on the way up.

Last edited by Anthony342; 09-30-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:42 AM #5
Paul Williams beat Lara

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8.32
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,006,025.50
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong Knows his stuff - jas 

Good old Don had some good ones:
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Mastrangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:54 PM #6
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16450 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,850,156,062,631,622,868,992.00
Total Points: 125,438,858,573,060,918,738,944.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
Holy f#ck. Yea this is what I'm talking about. And I knew Don King was gonna be a guy who had some shows like this...cuz I remember watching his shows back in the day & I remember watching this one now. Respect for recalling this one.

The full card.

Gerald McClellan vs Julian Jackson
Simon Brown vs Terry Norris
JC Chavez vs Frankie Randall
Azumah Nelson vs James Leija

Ricardo Lopez vs Kermin Guardia
Giovanni Parisi vs Richie Hess
Meldrick Taylor vs Chad Broussard
Calvin Grove vs Angel Aldama
James Stanton vs Anthony Willis
Christy Martin vs Laura Serrano
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:01 PM #7
Banned

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Laszlo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,008,371.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Holy f#ck. Yea this is what I'm talking about. And I knew Don King was gonna be a guy who had some shows like this...cuz I remember watching his shows back in the day & I remember watching this one now. Respect for recalling this one.

The full card.

Gerald McClellan vs Julian Jackson
Simon Brown vs Terry Norris
JC Chavez vs Frankie Randall
Azumah Nelson vs James Leija

Ricardo Lopez vs Kermin Guardia
Giovanni Parisi vs Richie Hess
Meldrick Taylor vs Chad Broussard
Calvin Grove vs Angel Aldama
James Stanton vs Anthony Willis
Christy Martin vs Laura Serrano

Yeah Don King knew what he was doing.
This is the best card ever in my eyes.

Saturday 10, December 1994

Julio Cesar Chavez vs Tony Lopez

Jorge Fernando Castro vs John David Jackson
fight of the year

Frankie Randall vs. Rodney Moore
Pretty sure this was a grudge match cos someone said something to someones wife. I could be mistaken though.

Felix Trinidad vs. Oba Carr
Good fight between 2 unbeaten youngsters

Ricardo Lopez vs. Yamil Caraballo
A legend commits murder on a columbian bum
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:29 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3703 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,212.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Yeah Don King knew what he was doing.
This is the best card ever in my eyes.

Saturday 10, December 1994

Julio Cesar Chavez vs Tony Lopez

Jorge Fernando Castro vs John David Jackson
fight of the year

Frankie Randall vs. Rodney Moore
Pretty sure this was a grudge match cos someone said something to someones wife. I could be mistaken though.

Felix Trinidad vs. Oba Carr
Good fight between 2 unbeaten youngsters

Ricardo Lopez vs. Yamil Caraballo
A legend commits murder on a columbian bum
That is a good card
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, cards, full, history

User Tag List