Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that people believe...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
    Just seems that the sport tends to take away something from people,I remember seeing pro's at the low end of the sport that i know 15 years ago that were physical specimens, when i see them now most of them are just not quite the same person upstairs, the consequences of this sport even when living clean and training well are scary.
    Very much true dat too!! …..Rockin'

Comment

I saw Bronco McCart a year or so ago. He was still sharp and didn't really show any damage on his face. Bronco could box his ass off, but still, he always had his dad by his side looking out for him... they were team. Gene and Bronco equal two great people as well as one solid fighter. …….Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 04-17-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I saw Bronco McCart a year or so ago. He was still sharp and didn't really show any damage on his face. Bronco could box his ass off, but still, he always had his dad by his side looking out for him... they were team. Gene and Bronco equal two great people. …….Rockin'
        He could be a champ today, but his era was much tougher comp

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          He could be a champ today, but his era was much tougher comp
          He was definitely a tough guy to fight...…..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Wrestling is something serious, it takes more endurance than boxing IMO. I have never been more tired than wrestling on the ground for 2 minutes.
            Nah mate, it's just different. Our trainer told us today that a world class wrestler (he trains in the same sports complex) couldn't work on a pads for one round. But he told us that we - boxers, get tired fast as well if we never have wrestled. So we wrestle a bit everyday, for about one round so we don't get tired when clinching in a fight. Not a regular wrestling though, we try to imitate clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
              Nah mate, it's just different. Our trainer told us today that a world class wrestler (he trains in the same sports complex) couldn't work on a pads for one round. But he told us that we - boxers, get tired fast as well if we never have wrestled. So we wrestle a bit everyday, for about one round so we don't get tired when clinching in a fight. Not a regular wrestling though, we try to imitate clinch.
              Yeah a lot of that I feel like is breathing techniques are different as well. I've seen some guys in really good cardiovascular shape that gas out hitting mitts because they don't know how to breath properly (and its worse when they step in to spar).

I've also seen dudes that really struggle sparring bigger guys that get on the inside and lean on them.

Comment

My friends like to **** on my hobbies a lot, especially that I prioritise boxing over stuff like work and other things,
                one time they decided not to be dicks and actually talked about it with me, they where shocked to find out you actually get punched in the face at all in training, needless to say the worlds view of boxing is kind of ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsFPS View Post
                  My friends like to **** on my hobbies a lot, especially that I prioritise boxing over stuff like work and other things,
                  one time they decided not to be dicks and actually talked about it with me, they where shocked to find out you actually get punched in the face at all in training, needless to say the worlds view of boxing is kind of ******ed.
                  A punch to the nose will change their views

Comment

It would, but they are also the only friends I have.

Comment

Let's compare again MMA strikers and boxers.

Now watch McGregor vs Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X