No announcement yet.

ICE separating parents from children at the border

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE separating parents from children at the border

I dont see the point of this. And there is currently a huge outcry over this. I can understand detaining them first for interogation before letting in the country but why can't ICE just put the parents and their children in the same room?

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    I dont see the point of this. And there is currently a huge outcry over this. I can understand detaining them first for interogation before letting in the country but why can't ICE just put the parents and their children in the same room?

america is run like a corporation and a military entity.

Comment

Trump's a racist:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.WykTsSAnbIU

"WASHINGTON – U.S. President Donald Trump threatened Prime Minister Shinzo Abe with an offer to ship 25 million Mexicans to Japan, one of a series of bizarre statements that jarred his fellow leaders at last week’s acrimonious Group of Seven summit, a report said Friday.

The G7 gathering of top industrialized democracies ended in disarray after the U.S. president abruptly rejected its consensus statement and bitterly attacked Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Behind the scenes, Trump’s counterparts were dismayed by verbal jabs on topics ranging from trade to terrorism and migration, The Wall Street Journal said, quoting European officials who were present.

At one point, he described migration as a big problem for Europe, before telling Abe: “Shinzo, you don’t have this problem, but I can send you 25 million Mexicans and you’ll be out of office very soon.” The jab created a sense of irritation in the room, an EU official said."

Comment

Thanks for making this thread. This is one of the most polarizing and contentious issues of our day.

I think what is happening - Trump administration instituting a 'zero tolerance policy' - is the culmination of years and years of congressional inaction and a broken immigration system.

Democrats seem to want to have their cake and eat it too. With sanctuary cities, our state and local governments are condoning illegal immigration by not enforcing immigration laws. These same democrats talk about strengthen border security and immigration laws. I don't see how these polices can mutually coexist.

Last edited by BostonGuy; 06-19-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Thanks for making this thread. This is one of the most polarizing and contentious issues of our day.

I think what is happening - Trump administration instituting a 'zero tolerance policy' - is the culmination of years and years of congressional inaction and a broken immigration system.

Democrats seem to want to have their cake and eat it too. With sanctuary cities, our state and local governments are condoning illegal immigration by not enforcing immigration laws. These same democrats talk about strengthen border security and immigration laws. I don't see how these polices can mutually coexist.

Comment

Very Nazi-esq. Hitler did it to the Jews, gypsy, and other powerless people.

What’s Japan’s policy on this situation? China? Mexico? Saudi Arabia?

You have very high ideals. Never lose them, ever. I’m serious.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Hold the debate a moment;

Don't you think there is something seriously #@$$% up about Trump acting like Mexican-Americans are unwanted animals he can just ship out to Japan?

What in the #(#(# world is that?

That statement right there should be grounds for impeachment. He does not believe in equality, and he does not practice it.

This is some bizarre, Nazi $##&$& what's going on in this world right now, that we can sit here, read that, and not even think that's crazy.

Comment

Send them back we don’t want them!

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                  Follow the money? Who’s holding them? What corporation is being paid by the US Gov/ice to house and feed illegal immigrants?

Comment

Having said what I said, I don't think the U.S. should separate the parents from their children. Can't they both be detained in the same facility?

Comment

Working...
                    X