Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you younger fans know just how huge of a star Sugar Ray Leonard was?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    I think he means that Ali's name has never lost it's luster while Ray's has dropped off more.
    That's not what he said at all and I interpreted his statements in the same way as the other poster. If he meant something else it's up to him to explain. it.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      lol great point, most of these kids know Jordan mostly from those ugly shoes and the sports wear. Also, how many of these dumb kids don't spew stuff like "Lebron/Durant/Kobe woulda ball'd up Jordan, doe!"
      lebron/durant are too big for jordan.

kobe definitely would have whooped him one on one.

jordan is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        lol great point, most of these kids know Jordan mostly from those ugly shoes and the sports wear. Also, how many of these dumb kids don't spew stuff like "Lebron/Durant/Kobe woulda ball'd up Jordan, doe!"
        Lol they just released the same shoes over and over

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          I think he means that Ali's name has never lost it's luster while Ray's has dropped off more.
          Ali had relevance beyond the boxing world. Ray was more like Oscar. A great poster-boy, but ultimately a bit vacuous.

Comment

Ray Leonard was a SUPERSTAR! Ray Leonard and Michael Jordan, I don't know how they did it but the American Sports Media absolutely LOVED those 2 and rarely wrote or reported negative stuff about them.

Now of course Ray Leonard love from the media did not sit well with other fighters and even some fans who thought Ray got everything his way because of that. Also think he got the decision over Hagler because of his popularity among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              lebron/durant are too big for jordan.

kobe definitely would have whooped him one on one.

jordan is overrated.
              I know it was a ton of trolling idiots on this forum but MY GOODNESS!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Ray Leonard was a SUPERSTAR! Ray Leonard and Michael Jordan, I don't know how they did it but the American Sports Media absolutely LOVED those 2 and rarely wrote or reported negative stuff about them.

Now of course Ray Leonard love from the media did not sit well with other fighters and even some fans who thought Ray got everything his way because of that. Also think he got the decision over Hagler because of his popularity among other things.
                good point..

Comment

Working...
                X