No announcement yet.

Angelo 'Cuban Cobra' Santana..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo 'Cuban Cobra' Santana..

He had some issues making weight vs his latest opponent at 135.

No reason to stay at 135 imo.

Will he make some noise at 140+ ?

Your thoughts...

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    He had some issues making weight vs his latest opponent at 135.

No reason to stay at 135 imo.

Will he make some noise at 140+ ?

Your thoughts...
    He still needs to make some noise at 135, IMO. lol

I was pretty excited about Santana before tonight, now I'm just that much more hyped. This kid can go places. I'd rather he stay at lightweight for a while and make his mark. (Or at least until Gamboa gets there. lol) In any case, Angelo needs more experience against progressively better opponents. He needs to fight often; he's been too inactive.

The article Boxingscene posted here earlier made it seem that Santana missed the weight because he was using an inaccurate analog scale. It's very possible that Angelo doesn't have real problems making weight.
    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 11-17-2012, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      He still needs to make some noise at 135, IMO. lol

I was pretty excited about Santana before tonight, now I'm just that much more hyped. This kid can go places. I'd rather he stay at lightweight for a while and make his mark. (Or at least until Gamboa gets there. lol) In any case, Angelo needs more experience against progressively better opponents. He needs to fight often; he's been too inactive.

The article Boxingscene posted here earlier made it seem that Santana missed the weight because he was using an inaccurate analog scale. It's very possible that Angelo doesn't have real problems making weight.
      140 is purely fantasy at this point I understand, but there are plenty names there to daydream about. I'm sure no one on here gives him a shot at any of the big names at jr. welter.

BuuuT, How about Santana vs Alvarado? How would that fair? I might be reaching.. or not?

Comment

140 is purely fantasy at this point I understand, but there are plenty names there to daydream about. I'm sure no one on here gives him a shot at any of the big names at jr. welter.

BuuuT, How about Santana vs Alvarado? How would that fair? I might be reaching.. or not?
        Mike Alvarado? Now? I think that's reaching. Like I said, I'd like to see Angelo face increasingly challenging opposition. Alvarado is too much, too soon.

Comment

Mike Alvarado? Now? I think that's reaching. Like I said, I'd like to see Angelo face increasingly challenging opposition. Alvarado is too much, too soon.
          Ok 135 it is... but vs who? Broner, DeMarco are probably out the question.

Lundy, Molina, Kim... Abril?

Comment

Ok 135 it is... but vs who? Broner, DeMarco are probably out the question.

Lundy, Molina, Kim... Abril?
            I'd like to see Angelo fight guys like Acosta and Litzau next. I don't want him touching the top-ten just yet, despite what Santana wants. Lundy and Molina can come soon after, depending on how Angelo looks. I don't ever want to see Santana versus Abril.

Comment

I'd like to see Angelo fight guys like Acosta and Litzau next. I don't want him touching the top-ten just yet, despite what Santana wants. Lundy and Molina can come soon after, depending on how Angelo looks. I don't ever want to see Santana versus Abril.
              Litzau.... Funny you mention him, his first loss hits me like yesterday, was close to the apron on that one...

No Abril... "might not be exciting enough"

Miguel Acosta would be a good choice. Who else in the top ten? Ricky Burns?

Comment

Kid is a beast i wouldn't mind seeing him against Kim soon.

Comment

Man..I will love to see him agains rios..but not against abril( no me gustaria ver cubanos en contra de cubanos..no cool..lol) but I understand that is to soon for him to go against elite competition..I just think that rios is a clown waiting to get murdered for a slick guy with good power ..I m impressed by this kid ( angelo) great power..very accurated..nice power combos..good inside and outside game..great defence..his check right hook is incredible fast and hard to take..that garcia dude just defeat Yordenis ugas..he was not the bum that santana made out of him...we need more young cubans like this one..I just want to see him fight again soon..viva cubaaaa..hahaha..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                    Man..I will love to see him agains rios..but not against abril( no me gustaria ver cubanos en contra de cubanos..no cool..lol) but I understand that is to soon for him to go against elite competition..I just think that rios is a clown waiting to get murdered for a slick guy with good power ..I m impressed by this kid ( angelo) great power..very accurated..nice power combos..good inside and outside game..great defence..his check right hook is incredible fast and hard to take..that garcia dude just defeat Yordenis ugas..he was not the bum that santana made out of him...we need more young cubans like this one..I just want to see him fight again soon..viva cubaaaa..hahaha..

Brandon (Bam Bam) Rios is here at 135/140

PRPP

Comment

Working...
                    X