Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN now have a distribution deal for US bars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think any bar is going to go through the effort of getting dazn through this unless it’s a major fight, do you really think they’re going to get it for Canelo fighting a fielding a jarrell Miller headlining in Kansas? They need some big ass fights or nobody will care.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      So the bars still have to pay a fee to the distributors right? Same was as a PPV?
      Yeah, exactly the same thing

Comment

Hey, if a bar wants to pay me to broadcast fights from DAZN I'm in. The problem ain't DAZN, but local bars who don't show big fights.

Comment

This could be huge for DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
            I don’t think any bar is going to go through the effort of getting dazn through this unless it’s a major fight, do you really think they’re going to get it for Canelo fighting a fielding a jarrell Miller headlining in Kansas? They need some big ass fights or nobody will care.
            They're sorta setting a structure like how the UFC's had with the cable companies distributing the PPVS at local bars / restaurants. I used to DJ at this bar few years back who used to have all the UFCs. When I asked why they didn't order Boxing it was because the UFC's were prorated and the venues essentially got a discount hosting the PPVs annually where with Boxing they'd have to charge at the door which wouldn't work too well with the regulars. It "seems" like this is the route DAZN is going let alone they also host Bellator which most casuals who watch UFC will watch that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              They're sorta setting a structure like how the UFC's had with the cable companies distributing the PPVS at local bars / restaurants. I used to DJ at this bar few years back who used to have all the UFCs. When I asked why they didn't order Boxing it was because the UFC's were prorated and the venues essentially got a discount hosting the PPVs annually where with Boxing they'd have to charge at the door which wouldn't work too well with the regulars. It "seems" like this is the route DAZN is going let alone they also host Bellator which most casuals who watch UFC will watch that as well.
              Most bars around my area charge for any PPV... UFC or boxing. So if a bar has to pay a similar fee as they do with a PPV event for DAZN, I think they'd end up charging as well.

Comment

this is great and solves one of the concerns I had with DAZN. A lot of folks are used to watching Canelo's PPVs at Bars, Clubs, Movie Theaters, ect. And if you could only stream this at home it takes away from fans who like to watch fights in those places. My question wasn't so much about money because sure some go to these places because it's usually a smaller cover charge then the full price you pay for the PPV at home but a lot just go to these places to watch it in a large group crowd. Just like bars are full for fans who watch NFL games and these games are almost always aired on Network free tv. Asking bars to install streaming sticks and deal with Wifi would of been a disaster. lol

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Most bars around my area charge for any PPV... UFC or boxing. So if a bar has to pay a similar fee as they do with a PPV event for DAZN, I think they'd end up charging as well.
                  They're still gonna charge especially if the bar has to cough up a fee.

Even if it's only $10 bucks, I bet it's the same fee as a PPV that would cost $65.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    They're still gonna charge especially if the bar has to cough up a fee.

Even if it's only $10 bucks, I bet it's the same fee as a PPV that would cost $65.
                    The're probably getting charge by the month though. I'm curious to see how they're going to distribute DAZN though. Most bars and restaurants run on DirectTV. Will bar owners need to upgrade TVs, add streaming devices and upgrade their internet speed? Will DAZN pay a satellite provider to carry their feed?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      this is great and solves one of the concerns I had with DAZN. A lot of folks are used to watching Canelo's PPVs at Bars, Clubs, Movie Theaters, ect. And if you could only stream this at home it takes away from fans who like to watch fights in those places. My question wasn't so much about money because sure some go to these places because it's usually a smaller cover charge then the full price you pay for the PPV at home but a lot just go to these places to watch it in a large group crowd. Just like bars are full for fans who watch NFL games and these games are almost always aired on Network free tv. Asking bars to install streaming sticks and deal with Wifi would of been a disaster. lol
                      This is pretty much closed circuit/PPV for bars and restaurants through this group. So its pretty much the same thing for them as to whether a bar or restaurants decides to buy a PPV to show at their establishment. It seems that they will only be doing this for big fights and not Hearn's or GBs smaller shows.

Comment

Working...
                      X