No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Didn't Recommend Canelo Move Up For Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Toney is a freak of nature, a natural fighter who isnt bothered by weights. His body is different than Canelo’s.

Toney is a special fighter Canelo is not in the same stratosphere.

He is in for an ass whooping
    ————

Not to go off topic but I love when people acknowledge how good a boxer Toney was. He was ubčr talented BUT Roy Jones demolished him and gave him his first “0”.

I say this because there’s people who try to shďt on Roy’s resume or even his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
      I have DAZN, it’s $19.99 per month or $99 if you pay for it up front. Not a bad deal, a lot of past classic fights on there too.
      I pay $9.99 but yes the annual subscription is a better deal

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Fister View Post
        Not gonna bash Canelo here. This is a huge challenge.

What's up with Kovalev's court case?
        I expect both to get hit hard. No WAY does Canelo go 12 and not get rocked once by the LHW Champ.... Canelo has a GREAT chin and should stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Oscar feels that he has to "wash his hands" on this Canelo's decision...

It was Oscar who carefully built Canelo's career up to now (i.e. he carefully "protected" his progress so far)...

... obviously there's some sort of a rift between Canelo and his promoter at this point.
          Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          When did Oscar build ****? ...
          Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... I guess you don't know anything about Oscar forced to pay $8.5 million dollar to Félix “Tutico” Zabala Jr. for signing Canelo back in 2008...
          Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
          I guess you missed the part of the appealing part where Canelo ended up paying 800K instead of the full amount.
          I was only trying to say that ODLH built Canelo's stardom (since Canelo was 18 yo...

(the fact that ODLH eventually had to pay only 800k to the Mexican promoter supports this...)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            I expect both to get hit hard. No WAY does Canelo go 12 and not get rocked once by the LHW Champ.... Canelo has a GREAT chin and should stay up.
            Agree. Dangerous fight. People need to accept we are in for a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Fister View Post
              Agree. Dangerous fight. People need to accept we are in for a war.
              Yup just like I was telling ppl Sergiy was no joke! I knew that was going to be a tough fight especially with a new trainer.

Comment

It’s a really dangerous fight for canelo He’s a child compared to kovalev the height, reach, and power advantage will be huge for kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ————

Not to go off topic but I love when people acknowledge how good a boxer Toney was. He was ubčr talented BUT Roy Jones demolished him and gave him his first “0”.

I say this because there’s people who try to shďt on Roy’s resume or even his skills.
                  Not to take anything away from Roy but toney took that fight on short notice he was on vacation 3 weeks before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Not to take anything away from Roy but toney took that fight on short notice he was on vacation 3 weeks before the fight.
                    ———

I’ll have to brush up on that but wasn’t there already bad blood between these two that went way back.
                    Roy also jumped up from 154 to to 168 sobuts kind of even.

Regardless, how do you think the fight would have gone if Toney had 10 weeks to prepare?
                    I didn’t see him get winded during the fight but like I said what you just wrote is news to me

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                      ———

I’ll have to brush up on that but wasn’t there already bad blood between these two that went way back.
                      Roy also jumped up from 154 to to 168 sobuts kind of even.

Regardless, how do you think the fight would have gone if Toney had 10 weeks to prepare?
                      I didn’t see him get winded during the fight but like I said what you just wrote is news to me
                      I do think Roy would of won regardless but toney wouldn’t of looked that bad, James has always maintained that’s the reason he lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X