Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn Unsure of Future: I've Got To Do Some Soul Searching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''I WON.....''

''And I did it with tenacity......''

''......and style.''

Comment

I understand everyone can't be a cutie...But cmon. After your 10th career training camp, caveman tactics should have been eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by powershots View Post
        Am I the only one who is pumped that Horn lost? He got blessed with that Pacquiao fight and just kept talking and talking.
        I'm with you on this

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          The powers that be didn't think Horn beat Pac fair and square with his dirty tactics, 3 corrupt judges and referee. Otherwise, they would have given it to him.

Here is the link about lineal champions:

https://boxing.fandom.com/wiki/Lineal_championship
          I know what a lineal championship is. I also know that there are no "powers that be" that get to decide whether the guy judged the winner deserved the win or not.

Lineal status is dubious at the best of times. Below heavyweight it's pretty pointless. When you start making up even more rules it's just worthless.

Comment

Yes he was. Pac is the first and only fighter in the history of boxing who is credited with lineal championships in 5 different weight classes (flyweight, featherweight, super featherweight, light welterweight and welterweight). He's also the first and only 8-division world boxing champion, boxer of the decade and 3-time boxer of the year.

https://boxing.fandom.com/wiki/Lineal_championship
            Oh you are one of those jockstrap fans.

Jeff Horn mauled little Manny and Jeff Horn is a joke.

Also Floyd ranks higher on ATG than Manny.

Dont lose sleep tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              ''I WON.....''

''And I did it with tenacity......''

''......and style.''

Joe Horn is a WARRIOR and WHIPPED that Filipina boy

1-0 and NEW CHAMPION JOE THE AUSTRALIAN TEACHER PLUMBER HORN

Comment

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
                Oh you are one of those jockstrap fans.

Jeff Horn mauled little Manny and Jeff Horn is a joke.

Also Floyd ranks higher on ATG than Manny.

Dont lose sleep tonight

The truth hurts but you have to face it. PACs ability to come back and become a champion again after a loss (legit or not) is what makes him a global icon. Even at age 40, full time senator and part time boxer, he was able to beat one of the best and youngest welterweight champions, how many boxers can do that? And so what if Floyd ranks higher on ATG than Pac?
                They are 2 of the best fighters of their generation, Floyd is the best defensive boxer and Pac is one of the best, if not the best offensive boxer. Pac is the only active living legend in boxing today and despite all his accomplishments, he remains humble, that’s why people all over the world love him. You just don’t like him because he made your hero, Horn look like the “walking dead” with his fists, not with “headbutts, elbows and headlocks”. Sleep good tonight, it’s not the end of the world yet. You still have some good Australian boxers like George Kambosos and Zerafa.
                Last edited by Bluebird; 09-03-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  I know what a lineal championship is. I also know that there are no "powers that be" that get to decide whether the guy judged the winner deserved the win or not.

Lineal status is dubious at the best of times. Below heavyweight it's pretty pointless. When you start making up even more rules it's just worthless.

Heavyweight division died long time ago after Mike Tyson, Holyfield and Lennox Lewis left. Welterweight division is the real deal right now.

Comment

Heavyweight division died long time ago after Mike Tyson, Holyfield and Lennox Lewis left. Welterweight division is the real deal right now.
                    I'm not talking about the merits of the divisions, I'm talking about the merits of a lineal championship. It's only worth anything in the unlimited weight class.

Mind you, it feels like we're avoiding the original point which is that random folk don't get to determine whether or not a defeat costs someone lineal status. It just does.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                      I'm not talking about the merits of the divisions, I'm talking about the merits of a lineal championship. It's only worth anything in the unlimited weight class.

Mind you, it feels like we're avoiding the original point which is that random folk don't get to determine whether or not a defeat costs someone lineal status. It just does.

Well, I was just using it as an example, they are a group of people who have great knowledge of boxing. Of course we have the boxing organizations like the WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF and of course ESPN and Ring Magazine who have their pound for pound rankings.

Comment

Working...
                      X