Referees Asking "Do You Want To Continue" Should Be Banned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your completely wrong!

I want to hear them say :No I am a bitch:

they shouldent waste our time with a come back and hopefully them words no I am a bi tch will make them face reality. Because at any time as a boxer you are able to continue and fight you will, only a person who dont really want to fight will say no and if he really dont want to fight then he should be fighting.

Comment

Jack Reiss one of the BEST, he did a EXCELLENT JOB giving Ortiz a chance just like he gave Wade a chance vs GGG! Not his job "Cover Up For Ortiz" and quit for him

Boxing fans we can't have it both ways, when a ref stops things too early we complain, when they let guys got out on their shield we complain lol

Reiss did his job perfectly yesterday!

Comment

Well how else are they to know If a fighter wants to carry on?
        Referees are referees they're not psychic, Ortiz as a person we know has likely become finished he has lost the heart we know that but not all fighters are like that they aren't like Ortiz after being knocked down twice.

Comment

Ref does a great job but you still find people trying to dissect their work. Nothing wrong with asking a guy if he wants to continue. If Ortiz didnt want to figt in he should have stayed down like he did against Collazo.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            it's because fighters have this habit of deliberately waiting until the count of 10 and then suddenly jumping up as if they want to continue and acting as if the ref just screwed them. i like it when their bluff gets called
            Yeah I am getting a little annoyed by that. Fighters do it for an excuse so they can turn around and argue with the ref that they could still continue. There should be no shame in honestly quitting.

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

it's because fighters have this habit of deliberately waiting until the count of 10 and then suddenly jumping up as if they want to continue and acting as if the ref just screwed them. i like it when their bluff gets called
                This right here. 100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  The alternative is what? Waiving it off so then the fighter can complain and be like "oh man that was a BS stoppage I wasn't even hurt I was about to kick his ass!" that we always see, or worse British refs that waive it off anytime someone hits the canvas.
                  Exactly. If we drop the ask, we'll get more Judah endings. "He ain't even count, yo!"

Comment

I agree that fans needs to tone it down, overall. You're not the one going through what's happening. I bet most of those fans would've been finished way before the actual competitor was.

The biggest example of all is Cotto.

The man was literally being hit with plaster, and we STILL have people making jokes about "taking a knee."

How long would those fans have lasted while being hit with plaster? Please.

Comment

This is also true.

Comment

Working...
                      X