No announcement yet.

Let's be honest: Eddie Hearn is a dumb fu..cker with big mouth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    Huh? Without Hearn Josh would've been as big as he's if not bigger.

He was already a star in the UK after the Olympics and based on how well he started his pro career with knocking everyone out, he would've achieved everything he achieved with or without Hearn. Hearn didn't do much apart from tag along and spend money to organise events. Josh made Hearn, not the other way around.

A guy who sold out the indoor arena at the Olympic stadium for gold medal fight was destined to be a star.
    Many Olympic gold medalists disappear. I can’t honestly say I hadn’t heard of him until he went pro, I never saw him fight live at the olympics (I have seen it since). I won’t be alone for sure. By the way, almost all Olympic events in uk were sold out so don’t claim it was because of AJ because at the time it wasn’t.

Eddie was with Joshua from his first pro fight so you can’t argue he just tagged along. His matchmaking and more importantly where he fought Joshua was very clever; moving him around the country to expose him more - and big events too, none more so than on the Froch groves undercard.

Sky sports worked with him too.

Comment

Captain Hindsight here with all the answers

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        Many Olympic gold medalists disappear. I can’t honestly say I hadn’t heard of him until he went pro, I never saw him fight live at the olympics (I have seen it since). I won’t be alone for sure. By the way, almost all Olympic events in uk were sold out so don’t claim it was because of AJ because at the time it wasn’t.

Eddie was with Joshua from his first pro fight so you can’t argue he just tagged along. His matchmaking and more importantly where he fought Joshua was very clever; moving him around the country to expose him more - and big events too, none more so than on the Froch groves undercard.

Sky sports worked with him too.
        You're obviously not from the UK and a casual. Josh was actually popular when he was an amateur, not just in the UK, but also in the US boxing circles. He's one of the most hyped Olympian in recent times and the star power was there before he turned pro.

Matchroom was about to leave boxing before they signed Josh. So if Hearn was that great, why did it take one man to save Matchroom boxing? Why didn't he and his dad do it with the other boxers before Josh?

The Matchmaking has been terrible from the get-go, they rushed everything about Josh and the greed ended up backfiring with the Ruiz choice.

Josh saved Matchroom boxing. If not for him, Matchroom would be promoting only darts and snooker right now. Facts.

Comment

One thing im not gonna criticize Hearn for (and I criticize him a lot) is making a competitive fight. This thread is weird

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            One thing im not gonna criticize Hearn for is making a competitive fight. This thread is weird
            Let’s be honest though, Ruiz was meant to be a knockover job to showcase Joshua in USA. They picked Ruiz because he was credible enough but with no chance, in their own minds.

That was meant to be a showcase for Joshua, not a real fight and it backfired. Eddies intentions were not to put Joshua in a competitive fight, no matter what he says, he thought Ruiz was on the level of the likes of Breazeale

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Let’s be honest though, Ruiz was meant to be a knockover job to showcase Joshua in USA. They picked Ruiz because he was credible enough but with no chance, in their own minds.

That was meant to be a showcase for Joshua, not a real fight and it backfired. Eddies intentions were not to put Joshua in a competitive fight, no matter what he says, he thought Ruiz was on the level of the likes of Breazeale
              I don't believe that at all. He was picked because it made the most sense. Mexican-American fighter on the same app as Canelo. Was in shape & active. Could step in & immediately pass drug tests. I think Miller was the showcase fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                I can't believe theres fans now asking for promoters to pick bums instead of real threats. This is literally whats wrong with Boxing. We as fans are supposed to commend fighters & promoters for taking risks but instead the entire boxing world is acting like Ruiz winning is the same thing as watching your baby beaten purple. Suddenly ppl are acting as if AJ losing is some sort of tragic event when it has literally revitalized boxing in the mainstream.

No surprise though because its AJ fanatics that are going through the 5 stages of grief in front of the world on social media.
                Thank you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I don't believe that at all. He was picked because it made the most sense. Mexican-American fighter on the same app as Canelo. Was in shape & active. Could step in & immediately pass drug tests. I think Miller was the showcase fight.
                  Miller was but so was Ruiz.

At the end of the day, had AJ beat him, everyone would be saying it was just a cherry pick to showcase himself in USA because that’s what it was meant to be.

It was a showcase fight v Miller and they picked a stand in with the showcase still in mind. Don’t be fooled to think anything differently.

Ruiz ticked a lot of boxes to be credible enough without any real chance to win, or so they thought.

They certainly could’ve picked easier fighters than Ruiz, so fair play for that but he was still picked to come in and get steamrolled, that’s the truth.

Comment

ESPN is POWERFUL with the ability to reach a much bigger audience, particularly the casual sports fan. They will keep replaying his entrance, him slipping punches and him singing Aerosmith after the fight. Everything worked out Perfectly for his ESPN Debut!

Comment

AJ was the champ an d he wasn't supposed to fight a cherry pick. Hearn did nothing wrong in picking a decent opponent. AJ was a huge favorite and he lost. Hearn is a good promoter in my opinion. He is a very wealthy man from doing what he does well.

Comment

Working...
                      X