Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Vallejo police shot 55 shots at Willie McCoy in 3.5 seconds

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...conds-n1017176

I disagree with the reports finding that the shootings were reasonable

Six California police officers responding to a call about a man slumped unresponsive in his car fired-off 55 shots at the man in 3.5 seconds, according to an independent use-of-force report ordered by the city of Vallejo.

The report's author, David Blake, concluded that the tactics used by the Vallejo Police Department officers on Willie McCoy, 20, were "reasonable based upon my training and experience as a range instructor as well as through applied human factors psychology."

Blake, a police consultant and retired officer, also wrote in the report released this week that the use of deadly force was "objectively reasonable and necessary" given the circumstances of the situation. Officers said they saw a handgun on McCoy's lap, and believed he was reaching for it when he suddenly woke up.

Willie McCoyLaw Offices of John L. Burris
    The death of McCoy, a Bay Area rapper, at a Taco Bell drive-thru on Feb. 9 in Vallejo set off demands by the community for police accountability and an independent investigation into the entire department's training and an alleged pattern of racial profiling.

So how many "shots" would they have had to fire for you to consider it "reasonable?"

Comment

I remember this story. 55 shots for a cat who woke up mid-situation. That seems a lil excessive. Although I'm assuming 15 shots probably equal him being dead too.

That said probably not an awesome idea to fall asleep with a gun in your lap at a taco bell parking lot at night.

Randomly was this guys' gun legal? Lil more excusable if he was legal & a lil more understandable with the cops if he wasn't. Although 55 shots idk.

Comment

Should be no more than 50 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          So how many "shots" would they have had to fire for you to consider it "reasonable?"
          The problem is not how many shots.
          The problem is the time frame, 3.5 seconds is excessive,

The norm for 55 shots should be at least 10 seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
            The problem is not how many shots.
            The problem is the time frame, 3.5 seconds is excessive,

The norm for 55 shots should be at least 10 seconds..
            I think multiple cops fired at this guy.

They must have shot pretty well, as I didnt hear of any stray shots hitting innocent people.

Comment

If you have four or five cops emptying their magazines into a suspect, this is not an unusual amount of rounds to be fired. Now, if it were one cop who fired 55 rounds into a suspect by reloading over and over again that would be excessive IMO.

Comment

All things considered, it was under 60 shots so to me that's still reasonable. Over 60 is just inhumane.

Comment

You bring guns into your life then you deal with everything that brings your way.

It means your child might one day find it hidden.

It means you might fall asleep with it on your lap and get lit up.

It means there could be an accident at the gun range.

It means you and your gun buddies can be hanging, then one of your homies has a PTSD moment and puts some lead on some of you.

It means you might have a road rage episode that would have normally ended up with some shouting and a middle finger for each other now escalate with someone getting killed.

I don't fuk with guns and if you do, and any of these random scenarios happen...don't FUKING CRY ABOUT IT AND TAKE YOUR L.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    You bring guns into your life then you deal with everything that brings your way.

It means your child might one day find it hidden.

It means you might fall asleep with it on your lap and get lit up.

It means there could be an accident at the gun range.

It means you and your gun buddies can be hanging, then one of your homies has a PTSD moment and puts some lead on some of you.

It means you might have a road rage episode that would have normally ended up with some shouting and a middle finger for each other now escalate with someone getting killed.

I don't fuk with guns and if you do, and any of these random scenarios happen...don't FUKING CRY ABOUT IT AND TAKE YOUR L.
                    It also means that gun may one day save your life.

You left that part out.

I wonder why.....

Comment

Working...
                    X