Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fighters fans dictate you liking a fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do fighters fans dictate you liking a fighter?

I hear a lot that so and so doesn't like this fighter because of their fans. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't you enjoy or dislike what they do in the ring, and for the post fight interviews. Or how they are in person, besides worrying so much about their online and in person fans?

As for example, Manny Pacquiao, I've heard a lot of people say they're glad he got knocked out because his fans make them not like him.. Manny doesn't have control on what his fans say, so why dislike someone and enjoy them actually being knocked out because their fans are pissing you off and not Manny?

Now as for Trout, I see people saying they don't like Trout because some of his fan base had him winning, and some blame his ankle for the loss. He seems like a down to earth guy, even some of the people here that I know say he's very humble; and went and spent at least 20 minutes each talking and giving fans autographs from different sections after the weigh-in. He even gave one of the trainers that works at the gym new Ringside gloves which were delivered to him to the gym.

The same can be said for Canelo, he was a cool guy at our gym. His team even gave the ones watching his private sessions which was only about 7 people) free Gatorade and that expensive Fiji water in a couple cases. And shook our hands and thanked us before he left after each workout. Does he have to do that? Hell naw, but he did.

I think Canelo is good for boxing(And you don't think he is,then maybe watching boxing isn't for you), so I have no clue on why people would dislike him solely based on his fans. Seems as if people are easily brainwashed in not liking people because of someone else's demeanor for the fighter they enjoy.

Now Mayweather and Broner I can understand on why you wouldn't like them but I still see a lot of people saying it's their fans that make them not like them. I would of picked the way they sometimes act at the post fight interviews instead of some fans on a computer.

Well, there's my serious thread of the day.
    I just follow what the people that don't like them say
    0.00%
    His fans pisses me off that much
    0.00%
    They don't
    100.00%
    I have no clue
    0.00%

i've said the same thing a couple of times, some of these people are just ******ed

Comment

People feel that way in all sports. It's not rational, but it's perfectly natural.

Comment

Some people just like to be different, go against the grain, cheer who they believe is the under-dog.

I do it with Basketball and Football all the time, so just because some fans are being overly confident, or ****y, I want to be on the other side.

Or go with the opposite of who the public and media favors.

Comment

Ha this is a cop out, Manny and Mayweather are the same person, but one gets a pass, having vile racist fans doesn't help but you clearly rank to make criticism of Manny invalid I'm surprised you didn't say it's cause blacks are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            Some people just like to be different, go against the grain, cheer who they believe is the under-dog.

I do it with Basketball and Football all the time, so just because some fans are being overly confident, or ****y, I want to be on the other side.

This I don't like the guy who abuses catchweights and cherry picks but gets love from an uniformed fan base.

Comment

Holy shart, Slim Thug is one tall mofo.

Color of trunks are usually the determining factor for why I root for a certain fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

This I understand but would you dislike them solely based on their fans?

Comment

They don't but it certainly gets annoying for fans blindly defending fighters who don't know they exist so it just makes me want to argue with them and **** with them to see them get all mad for no reason. Its childish of me but **** it

Comment

Working...
                  X