Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UFC Prez: F***ing Crazy To Set Canelo-Kovalev on Day of UFC 244

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Canelo is a way bigger star than Nate Diaz.
    is he ??? Diaz McGregor pulled in over 2 million buys now I know that had a lot to do with McGregor to but Diaz is the main event in this fight for the BMF title a one night only event. Diaz is a hot ticket now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It’s not like they’re PPV. Both will be on a streaming service, so the winner will be the better fight, with the bigger names. I know who Nate Diaz is, but I think Canelo vs Kovalev is a more intriguing fight. And you don’t have to pay $65-75 for Canelo-Kovalev, that’s what would’ve stopped people from watching it. All you need to do is pay what, $100 for a 1 year sub of DAZN? That’s how much I paid I think and people are willing to pay that for a bunch of PPV caliber fights.
      Do you really think that people who want to watch Canelo out of national origin pride care about ppv prices? I order every ppv there is, ESPN and PBC, just as I did hbo as well. I bought good priced tickets to see Canelo knock out Kirkland in Minute Maid, and took the entire family.
      The dazn pitch just hasn’t proven to be true. Boxing is star driven.

Comment

I know die-hard boxing fanatics won't understand this but the Diaz Masvidal fight is bigger to mma fans than Canelo Kovalev is to boxing fans.

You get what I'm saying?

And I'm a fan of both so I can say that

Both are great fights but I think as far as their respective fan bases go Diaz Masvidal SLIGHTLY edges out Canelo Kovalev

SLIGHTLY!

Any mma fans agree with this?

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          I know die-hard boxing fanatics won't understand this but the Diaz Masvidal fight is bigger to mma fans than Canelo Kovalev is to boxing fans.

You get what I'm saying?

Both are great fights but I think as far as their respective fan bases go Diaz Masvidal SLIGHTLY edges out Canelo Kovalev

SLIGHTLY!

Phew for a second there I thought you were a casual until you hit me with “so I can say that” then I knew this guy was talking facts

Comment

Not a UFC fan but I know Connor and Khabib. Never heard of Diaz nor would it make me switch there vs Canelo/Kovalev.

Both guys are a draw and well, Canelo is Canelo...

Boxing fans are going to watch boxing.

UFC is the only one to lose with its PPV.

With it being on DAZN, as long as someone pays the $20 to sign up at some point... DAZN wins.

Comment

Someone tell this jack ass to sit the **** down. Oscar clowned his ass by challenging him to a fight and he *****ed out. He thinks two guys with 10+ loses each is going to compete with Canelo moving up to light heavyweight. 😂

Comment

Streaming app versus streaming app. Who will get the most one month subscriptions to sign up for this fight? My guess is Canelo going to win. Sure, there might be some loss on both sides but Canelo pulls.

I love Masvidal and the Diaz brothers, I have both streaming apps. I will be watching DAZN.

Comment

Why does UFC count its shows. If boxing did it, the fights would be Boxing 12,899.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Do you really think that people who want to watch Canelo out of national origin pride care about ppv prices? I order every ppv there is, ESPN and PBC, just as I did hbo as well. I bought good priced tickets to see Canelo knock out Kirkland in Minute Maid, and took the entire family.
                    The dazn pitch just hasn’t proven to be true. Boxing is star driven.
                    Quit lying you broke bum!
                    You can't afford to go watch Canelo fight live..
                    But I can! Tell me next time you'll go see Canelo fight live and I'll be sure to be there too!
                    We can meet up at a sports bar or wherever you want and have some beer and debate boxing..
                    You down???

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

You get what I'm saying?

SLIGHTLY!

You are right, people who aren't fans of MMA/UFC have no idea just how big this fight is. The losses don't mean as much in MMA as they do in boxing - they've both fought the who's who and have had some decision losses (mostly) so they still have that aura of real toughness.

Diaz/Masvidal is gonna be huge - even if it were just a fight night it would do well. We also got HW fights -Derrick Lewis vs Ivanov, Arlovski is fighting - then we have Wonderboy vs Luque, Johnny Walker vs Corey Anderson, Till vs Gastelum and the card isn't even filled yet.

Dana is right on this one - they'd have to be crazy to go head-to-head with this card. People have been wanting Diaz vs Masvidal for years, it's gonna be bloody

Comment

Working...
                      X