No announcement yet.

Greater career, Marciano or Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater career, Marciano or Froch?

Froch & Marciano, visually style-wise very different but actually quite similar. Super-human stamina, cast iron chins, heavy hands (Marciano's was more show stopping) and incredible willpower/heart. They achieved world honours by relying on these assets alone as they were lacking in other areas boxers are know for, you know like speed and skill.

Marciano went undefeated and KO'd a **** ton of boxers. But he was around in a weak era. Froch took a couple of defeats, one against P4P no.2 and avenged his other. Literally took on everyone available and had hardly any soft touches.

Though Rocky is down as one of the greats, who do you think should go down as the greater fighter? DISCUSS YO.

the guy who beat joe louis, ezzard charles, jersey joe walcott, archie moore.

legends who 70 yrs later are still remembered.

who did froch beat who will be remembered 7 yrs from now let alone 70?

rocky is overrated because those guys were old and or smaller.

but he's better than froch who is a mediocre champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Froch was a mediocre champion? The guy who took on anyone and everyone? The guy with a resume of: Reid, Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute and Groves?

I'd hardly call him mediocre. Compared to someone like Marciano, yeah, maybe but as far as today's concerned he was one of the best fighters going, always in wars.

Also Marciano is underrated imo, people scrutinize his resume more than any other champion I've seen. Fact is Louis was still good when Rocky beat him. Joe Louis gets major credit for beating an aged Schmeling but nobody wants to give Rocky credit for beating Louis who was on an 8 fight win streak and K.Od Walcott 3 years prior.

Comment

Agreed, I also think Marciano probably fought in a stronger era a lot of overrated fighters in that S6 tournament and a lot of people overrate to sell the hype on Andre Ward who is good but nothing special wouldn't have been a champ in the golden years of boxing.

Comment

hahahaha at comparing an atg undefeated heavyweight champ to a paper champion in the historically the weakest division in the history of boxing.

Comment

Marciano is overrated because of the undefeated record. But he was the actual best guy in his weight class during his run which is something Froch can't say.

Comment

lmao wtf

marciano easily

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
                Froch was a mediocre champion? The guy who took on anyone and everyone? The guy with a resume of: Reid, Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Ward, Bute and Groves?

I'd hardly call him mediocre. Compared to someone like Marciano, yeah, maybe but as far as today's concerned he was one of the best fighters going, always in wars.

Also Marciano is underrated imo, people scrutinize his resume more than any other champion I've seen. Fact is Louis was still good when Rocky beat him. Joe Louis gets major credit for beating an aged Schmeling but nobody wants to give Rocky credit for beating Louis who was on an 8 fight win streak and K.Od Walcott 3 years prior.
                mediocre champion.

different from mediocre fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Agreed, I also think Marciano probably fought in a stronger era a lot of overrated fighters in that S6 tournament and a lot of people overrate to sell the hype on Andre Ward who is good but nothing special wouldn't have been a champ in the golden years of boxing.
                  froch has a few good wins and solid wins.

but he's no great.

i dunno why some brits think he's something special.

ricky hatton has had a better career imo.

Comment

froch has a few good wins and solid wins.

but he's no great.

i dunno why some brits think he's something special.

ricky hatton has had a better career imo.
                    As had Calzaghe, Hamed, Bruno and many others.

Comment

Working...
                    X