Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz training with Joel Diaz now and helping Bradley spar for Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz training with Joel Diaz now and helping Bradley spar for Pacquiao

As a big Ortiz fan I'd rather see him retire. If he goes this rout he needs to fight nothing but bums until the next year.
    Last edited by tito_bandito; 02-21-2014, 01:40 AM.

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post

As a big Ortiz fan I'd rather see him retire. If he goes this rout he needs to fight nothing but bums until the next year.
    I wouldn't give up on him yet. I'm still a fan of Ortiz

Comment

I can't view the pic.

It might be too late for Vic now even though Joel Diaz appears to be a good trainer. Good sparring partner for Bradley though.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I can't view the pic.

It might be too late for Vic now even though Joel Diaz appears to be a good trainer. Good sparring partner for Bradley though.
        Try now lol

Comment

I think Oritz was put in against a wrong opponet, Collazo skilled fighter was all wrong for him. Ortiz looked weak, flat footed and huffing for air. Of course he needs to start over and take a few less risky fights, its what should have happened after his return to boxing. With his long arms and lanky frame he needs to utilize his distance more. In his fight back you knew he looked bad. Don't know if he can still make it to the top again but he should not be rushed if he taking his career serious.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
            I think Oritz was put in against a wrong opponet, Collazo skilled fighter was all wrong for him. Ortiz looked weak, flat footed and huffing for air. Of course he needs to start over and take a few less risky fights, its what should have happened after his return to boxing. With his long arms and lanky frame he needs to utilize his distance more. In his fight back you knew he looked bad. Don't know if he can still make it to the top again but he should not be rushed if he taking his career serious.
            Bro are u serious? Collazo was a wrong pick of a opponent for ortiz because he's too skillfull? Gtfo here man ortiz is gifted has all the tools but it's been shown time and time again he's not there mentally. If he can't beat a luis collazo on a Thursday night, the man is NEVER gonna get back to the next level. Collazo is a decent fighter but there's no excuse for victor being koed inside of 2 damn rounds to him. Collazo doesn't have that kind of power!? And this is coming off a TKO loss to Lopez and before that his classic meltdown with floyd. Bye bye 2 victoria

Comment

i kinda liked ortiz's pressure style. his best fight was when he took the title from berto.

Comment

should be some great fights coming up because these guys are getting top notch sparring. Bradley-Ortiz and Cotto-Pac. All preparing eachother great for their next fight

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                  Bro are u serious? Collazo was a wrong pick of a opponent for ortiz because he's too skillfull? Gtfo here man ortiz is gifted has all the tools but it's been shown time and time again he's not there mentally. If he can't beat a luis collazo on a Thursday night, the man is NEVER gonna get back to the next level. Collazo is a decent fighter but there's no excuse for victor being koed inside of 2 damn rounds to him. Collazo doesn't have that kind of power!? And this is coming off a TKO loss to Lopez and before that his classic meltdown with floyd. Bye bye 2 victoria
                  Collaz no slouch. I only seen Mosley really put a beating on him and theres a great argument he didn't lost to Hatton.

When i finally watched the Oritz fight he wasn't the Ortiz of old. But you right, his lost to Lopez was a sign. Against Floyd, Oritz looked like the real deal, says a lot about Floyd or the good old says "styles make fights".

Ortiz imo, is just the type of fighter that can do it again if taken slowly untill the old Ortiz shows up. One thing is for sure Ortiz still is a brand name.

Comment

Here a good highlight video

http://youtu.be/2500fC5-1O8

I love Ortiz it was hard to c him go out like that

Comment

Working...
                    X